Who Makes a 06 LBZ Harness 72 C-10

Dan Castilleja

Purchased an 06 LBZ with 07 Auto Transmission, I need to find someone who makes a harness to make this baby fire up. Any Idea's?

Get a stock harness and build your own in just a few hours time. It isn't that hard if you have a stock uncut harness to modify it to be stand-alone.

Thefermenator

Sounds liek you have doen this harness mod for a standalone.

Do you have something like a schematic for this modification? or a list of the mods, wires that need attention?
What is required besdies a good knowledge of soldering, sealing, and attention to detail?

thanx

Thefermenator

Sounds liek you have doen this harness mod for a standalone.

Do you have something like a schematic for this modification? or a list of the mods, wires that need attention?
What is required besdies a good knowledge of soldering, sealing, and attention to detail?

thanx

Mostly all you have to do is print off the diagrams for the harness plugs that hook to the vehicle. Next go over them and figure out which ones you need to keep to get the neccesary signals for it to run, power, ground, key on, and start. I removed everything that dealt with the fuel guage and other add ons. Once you know which ones you need go to the harness and find which ones are just jumpers and eliminate them as GM used jumpers from one plug to another in several spots. For the LB7 there wasn't but 2 constant hots that are fused I believe(working off memory here from over a year ago), 3 keyed on from the ignition switch, and then a relay that was controlled by the ECM to power the FICM. On a 4X4 you have to hook up 2 wires for that end, one to tell it when 4X4 is activated and another to tell it when it is in low range. Then you have to have the check engine light wire ran to a bulb that is powered, and another for the wait to start light that is powered. There is a tach signal in the harness that you can use with a gasser tach(mine was alternator driven), one wire goes to the OBD2 port for your class 2 data bus, and the ECM has an output for a 2K PPM speedometer signal.

If you don't have EFILIVE or a PPE, then you need to hook in a BCM. It has one wire that is a dedicated BUS link for the theft to the ECM, another wire that hooks into the class 2 data bus(OBD2 data wire), 2 grounds, one constant hot, and 2 keyed on. You'll have to wire in a resistor across the PASSLOCK sensor wires, and then do a theft learn for the BCM to allow the ECM to give it fuel. If it is an automatic you'll also need to hook one wire from the BCM to a momentary switch to ground for a tow/haul switch if you desire one. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few as it has been over a year since I did one, but $1200 from PPE is ridiculous for no more work than was involved in mine.