Who's had to replace an HPOP?

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
What were your symptoms? I just ran a 15.2 on a Looney last week, then I got a new race tune from Eric and it seemed faster so I figured it was just tuning.........its not. I dynoed today and only made 356 :bang

Me and a buddy are starting to think its the HPOP slowly going out. Ive got an HPOP guage coming soon but I just wanted some input first. Thanks guys!

I'd wait to replace the pump till you had your gauge installed and verified your pump is bad. BTW 35's aren't exactly the best tire size to race with. The increased diameter of the tire over the stock tires will change your gear ratio, Not to mention the added wieght of bigger rims and tires. All these things have to be factored in to your 1/4 mile times.

Yea, I know 35s arent great, but I have talked to lots of people on 35s that pull 14.0s easy... My stockers were 34s so I doubt I need to regear.

Plus, the truck barely smokes at all now. Like when I hammer it on the race tune, it looks like stock...

If it ran better with the tunes that were in it before, I'd give the tuner a call and have it double checked before replacing any parts. Its unlikely that anything went wrong with the tuning, but I've had it happen to me before. I'm not bashing the tuner in any way, just saying that nobodys perfect 100% of the time. If the truck isn't calling for the fuel/timing, its not going to get it. Good luck!

my tunes from Innovative never smoked real bad, kinda hazed the whole way.

Im waiting on a fitting for my fuel pressure gauge, so Im not sure on fuel psi. Hell, that could be the problem too!

Pete, Im gonna get it scanned this week!

Replaced the 05 once and the 06 like 6 times (kept blowing the oring out). Hpop symptoms for me = no start.

Back