Whos rules?

cowpunk

Ok I'm offically to the point of confused. What I seem to know about the rules of sled pulling seem to differ from the real world. So here is my quesition:

What orginizations rules should I build by. I want to run modified class. (thats what I heard it called at the last pull i went to in Pocettello ID.) The pull was put on the the United Truck and Tractor Pullers Association. Are the rules that much different between the clubs IE. DHRA. Is there any certain associations rules I should fallow. If it helps at all I live in northern Utah but do plan and traveling a bit to compete.

Thanks Ya'll!

Each local or national orginization has there own rules for there own classes. Modified at a local pull will not be the same type of truck as modified at a DHRA event. You should look at the rules where you want to pull and build around those. If you go somewhere else to pull you may have to go into a higher class to fit in.

modifed as I've come to understand it is single turbo no NOS or propane, with all the fueling mods you want. The big boys class was called super modifed. Twins, propane, water meth.:ylsuper: Thank kind of stuff.

i pull with uttpa out of utah we are working on setting up the diesel classes a little better then what they have been because we have some up and commin rigs with twins propane and all sorts of $$$$$ hopefuly we will have new rules to go by with new classes in time so we can get ready for next season the pull in pokey was put on by dominator diesel and that was a diesel only pull and uttpa is growing i dont think they were prepaird to see the growth of the diesel class that has happend in the last 2 years if i find out any thing else ill keep ya posted

A good rule of thumb is to build a truck specific to one class in the DHRA, and you can make very small changes to pull locally AND pull with a national org if you decide to go to IRP or SDX or Vegas perhaps............

Thanks for all your help guys! That cleared alot up. I'm pretty sure I know what class I'm headed into now.

Your welcome cowpunk, I'll be glad to help with any other questions you have.
-Tom

United Pullers does most of the pulls in the Idaho, Utah, Wyoming area. There is discussion of changing the diesel classes. I think we are going to lean towards the NHRDA rules probably with our own local twist. United Pullers is having a meeting the begining of January in Tremonton to discuss rules and whatever. If you want to come get a hold of one of us and we'll get you some more info.