Who's traction bars

DieselTech77

Cummins Tech
I need traction bars. I want something tht I could use for pulling and drag racing. Looking to see what's out there. Thanks.

If you like to fab, buy some rod ends, tube, and make your own.

Otherwise, seems like CalTracks are a fan favorite.

I like One Up Off Road bars. Had a set on my truck for years before I solid mounted the axle. The worked great.

Because all they are Tractor adjustable 3rd link bars cut in half and welded in tube..

Not to step on toes, but these aren't the only guys using this approach. I shelled out $850 for some, and their ruined. The 3rd link type threads and joints are NOT designed to see the impact that a high hp diesel truck throws at them...especially if it's a 4x4 truck used offroad at all. The threads on mine are ruined. Even from the start, they were sloppy and the joints were loud.

I've actually not found anyone's traction bars that I thought really were the bee's knees. I'm mildly looking for a set for an Excursion Cummins I'm finishing up....and I've about determined I'm going to have to buy parts and make some.

Seem to be good reviews on caltracs, or just make your own like others have mentioned.

If the one's I get chatter the will go back in the box and straight back to Pennsylvania.

I have ran the glacier bars for 3 years with over 1k hp on a street truck no issues. They are quiet on the street no adjustments needed and use polyurethane sleeved inserts. They articulate over curbs and rough terrain very well. I just pulled them off for inspection and the joints and hardware are in great shape. They are pricey up front but they all seem that way for what they are.

I can't tell you if they would help for pulling but I never had axle or wheel hop issues at the drag strip or hard street driving.

I could build you some. If all you want is good end links and two straight bars then I can do it. I can also supply some weld on brackets if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love my caltracs, for the price there hard to beat and have been proven for years