Why can't I find the right dash pod????

Extended Power

I bought one over a year ago that was supposed to be the right one for the year of truck...even looked at Autometer's site.
I almost bought another one from a fellow member, but after we compared pictures...they are the same. (And he has an '04 truck)

Here are pictures of the brand new one I have, and pictures of my dash angles as to why they don't work.

Maybe it's cuz it's a King Ranch?

See how the top of my dash comes towards the driver, and the dash pod seems to roll away from the driver...

Last edited:
mines not a KR but looks the same as yours shape wise, not sure about the pod fitment though

On another forum, it was said it was because it is a King Ranch, and that they use the same as a Excursion.

after I relooked I noticed the difference the 2nd time yours definitely has a different shape on the top part.

Anyone know where to find the right dash pod?
I went to Autometers site, and they only showed the one I already have.

I need to make room for 2 more boost gauges, and I have no room left.

Ivan, take it to a stereo shop. They are doing mine for the Ranger.

I was thinking of putting them against the other gauges on the 4-gauge "A" pillar...but I don't want them to fly off when launching in 4x4...

If I cut the top portion off this dash pod, paint it, and blend it in with the stock dash, I think it might work...

Ivan, take it to a stereo shop. They are doing mine for the Ranger.

Thanks Tim...I never thought of that.:Cheer::thankyou2:
I do know a guy who does all the installs for Visions. He does homes, and trucks, cars, RV's, boats, etc

He should be able to come up with something.

I have a total of 9 gauges in my ex cause it has the same dash. I have the four gauge pod above the mirror and the boost gauges in the 4 gauge pillar pod along with the single sterring column pod. I don't know what gauges you are running but the way I have it setup, I had enough room to do the standard gauges with 2 backpressure gauges and a second boost gauge.

I am running a Drive Pressure, Boost Pressure, Fuel Pressure, EGT, Tranny temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp, and HPOP pressure.
I need to add two more pressure gauges for the twins. (Drive, and Boost)

Got mine back today.

bezel2.jpg

dash2.jpg

Buy a Cowl induction hood and mound them in the hood. Could probably fit about 6 gauges in across there.

Back