Why do people lie we know the truth

P pumped24v

Ok so as I'm messing around looking on craigslist looking at first gen 12v , and everyone I come to that has a broken odometer. The owner says it reads xxx,xxx and it just quit a month a ago. Who do they think they are kidding.

Mine reads 251,??? But it broke early January of 08'. There was 2 years of heavy commuting after that. Then came the last 3 years of 100 miles a day, and heavy AG implement towing here and there. To be honest I'm proud of the faithful service, and high miles. And I'd state that with a fair price if I ever sold the truck.

Mine shows 103500 on it, I have no idea what it would really have, a lot more than that.

Last edited:
I parted a truck out a few years back. Had a guy give me $300 for the gauge cluster that read 125K. Got really lippy with me when he didn't get it as soon as he wanted. I had a notion to report him to the Texas officials.

I had relatives that lived in Texas and they said nearly everyone they knew the Odometers weren't working on their vehicles.

Mine broke somewhere around 130k. The body and wear items correspond quite well to that mileage.

mine didnt work when i bought it and i wasnt worried about. I just say i bet its got atleast 350k since the rear main seal went out last summer. I guess im not worried about a 12v with high miles as some people are.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

New Latin, let the buyer beware
a principle in commerce: without a warranty the buyer takes the risk

Back