why does it lope.

skilletky

i love lamp
I know that bigger transfer tubes will make a truck lope, but why? I just put a bigger set of tubes in mine and got the lope as expected. I've already learned how to drive and deal with it. When I put the truck in neutral or press the clutch in to come to a stop, the truck will damn near die and idle back up. It will do this until I come to a complete stop. Then it idles fine and lopes from time to time. My dumba$$ can't grasp why. Can someone dumb it down for me?

Too much fuel at idle speed, engine doesn't know what to do with it all basically, so it lopes.

I figured it would lose timing, I just couldn't figure out why it would keep trying to die only when I was moving and in neutral. I'm happy with them minus the lope. I Can tell a good difference in the upper rpm fueling.

I think a lot has to do with the way the vp tries to maintain idle. It also isn't real smart so it can't react to changes very quickly.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sell them, get a stock set with filters removed, will do just fine for any vp pump

I've thought about that. I've still got my stock set. What's the best way to get the filters out? Press or drill?

I just drilled all of mine out easy and quick to do, just be carefull with it

I'm probably just going to leave what's in there, in there. Don't feel like pulling them back out, even though it's easy as $hi+. The more I sit here and drink beer, and think about all the time and money I have spent on my 91 and 01, I realize I could have bought a common rail or a 6.4 and maybe have a fast truck.