Why I am here

kerley

I am 65 yo and origionally from Nevada. My wife wanted to retired in Alabama which is her home state. Alabama is a great state to live in as long as you are not a Yankee
One hot, humid summer day we had to go to town for ranch supplies and my 98.5 Dodge/Cummins just flat stopped. We called a tow truck and the driver took us to a diesel repair shop. They told me that I had contanimated fuel and the fix was to drain the tank and install a new fuel filter. About one hour later we were good to go. I paid $140.00 and we left.
We got about 1/2 mile and it stopped again. We called the repair shop again and they came to help us right away. The mechanic used either to start my engine and told me to go to the first fuel station and fill up. He said there was most likley some very small amount of dirty fuel left in the tank and by filling up and driving, it would solve the problem [sounded reasonable to us.
He followed us to the first station and the truck stopped again as we rolled in. We filled up and it only held 13 gallons, the repair shop charged me for five gal. of fresh diesel.[14 gal. contanimated fuel left in tank]. used either to get going again. The truck bucked and ran rough all the way home.
Two weeks later we went back to town, same thing happened again. This time the repair bill was $2900.00. New vp44, oem push pump, 5 gal. diesel and tow.
While in the possession of the repair shop some one removed my OEM step on the drivers side. They also spilled some kind of liquid on my hood which ate the clear coat off and it looks like crap. After being RAPED twice I started reading everything I could about my truck, and that is why I am here. Kerley

Have you filed small claims or hired a lawyer yet?

You will defiantly learn everything you want to know and then some!

I would make them pay for all the Sh!t and a new paint job, they screwed you bad

Welcome to the happiest bunch of nuts this side of the nut-house. :D

Sounds like brake fluid on your hood and they probably bent the step while raising it on the lift so they just took it off. Make em pay!

Get a fuel pressure gauge on it. That way when the next fuel pump goes bad it won't take the expensive VP44 with it...which is what happened this time.

Lots of mostly useful info here. Watch out for some though, theyre not actual mechanics.

welcome aboard, sorry to hear about your problems.
stick with us here and we will help you weed out the quacks and idiots.

Back