Why no O/D or Cruise

95ram

I dont have O/D or Cruise in my 97. Anyone have any ideas? It shifts through 1,2,3 just fine. The TQ converter locks up in 3rd like O/D is locked out. I tried grounding the O/D solinoed and that didn't work. If the O/D solinoed was out it would effect cruise, would it?

wow...thats strange. are you sure you grounded the correct wire ?
Orange / blk = converter
Brown = O.D.
lt. Green / blk = Power

Try to code it out and see if it sends an error message, but it sounds like the tranny temp sensor.

well...you get lockup, so you have power to the VB. That suggests the OD solinoid is bad, or something with the wiring after the point you introduce the ground. (tranny conector ?)
It's rare that the solinoinds fail, but I have seen at least one bad one.
(are you sure your manual ground was a good one ?? )
String a test light down to the brown wire right before the tranny conector & drive it to see if the BCM is sending a ground.

I had this same problem, everything I checked was working and had the correct voltage. It was one of the reasons I forced myself to install a new tranny but I had the same problems afterward + some. I finally got the check engine light to code out an error with the tranny temp sensor. If this is not working properly it will not let the truck shift into o/d or lockup, however I could still get it to lock up manually with my switch.

I haven't. We had a baby today, so I haven't been at home.

congrats on the new kid!
you are here-by granted a 1 day repreve from working on your truck.

(the least we could do for a man who just borded a 21 year long rollercoaster ride! ;-)

Thank you. We've already got a daughter. That is a rollercoaster. Talk about a drama quenn.