Why should we avoid using Remanufacturered Injectors?

BrianAtSmarty

SmartyResource
Why should we avoid using remanufactured injectors?

Lets scrutinize the examples of higher mileage injectors that are sent in for remanufacture!

What do we normally find in examples of old used injectors?

Particle contamination causing:

- 1. Wear at the nozzle guidance causing leakage, a higher friction between nozzle needle and nozzle body, bad starting performance and reduced injection quantity at lower rail pressures.

- 2. Abrasive wear at the valve seat causing leakage (bad starting performance and higher injection quantity) and leakage is causing a later pressure build up to close the nozzle needle.

-

3. Wear at the valve piston (similar failure consequences as a worn nozzle guidance).

Fuel deposits causing a sticking armature group.

Water contamination causing corrosion with the result of sticking armature group or cracks of a valve piece or injector body caused by corrosion marks making the material weak.

Extruded high pressure sealing ring (only on injectors with manufacturing date 2003-2005)

Cracked injector body because of higher than standard rail pressure.

The reason to not use remanufactured injectors is simple, because only failed parts and the nozzle get replaced when the injector gets repaired. All other parts of the injector will remain. So a reman injector has wear already on its internal parts and will never reach the same running time or will it function like a new injector. (that is in the case of using a Bosch reman injector with the number 0986xxxxxx)

We have examined thousands of sets of injectors which were destined for remanufacturing. Very often there were injector sets with a single remanufactured injector in it which was primarily the one in the set which didn´t work anymore.

Evidence shows that most companies attempting to remanufacture CR injectors appear to not have the knowledge to remanufacture injectors properly. They are trying to finish the sealing surfaces between the nozzle and the injector body. These surfaces originally have a concave shape which they wrongly remove. That also effects the nozzle needle lift by the material they remove in the grinding process and they do not adjust it afterwards. Very often the armature lift gets no adjustment or they simply get dirt into the injector…. and so on. The list of issues caused by these remanufacturers is long.

If you bring the price down from aneurism to nose bleed you would sell 10x more and have a happy bunch of diesel guys pushing your product!

If you bring the price down from aneurism to nose bleed you would sell 10x more and have a happy bunch of diesel guys pushing your product!
Funny way of putting it, but true in every respect.

As far as Brian's diatribe, if you know the problems with re-mans, the next step is crystal clear, you offer a superior re-man.
Otherwise you're just pushing a product and not really interested in an alternate, economically feasible, solution.

I guess what I'm also saying is, you've already nitpicked the competition, can you handle the competition nitpicking you?

Mark.

Except for their competition injectors, they are comparable to others on the market since you can keep and sell your cores. Their version of around a 120 hp injector is $3700 keep your cores and Exergy 60% are $3150 + cores.

Wow. I'm here for the comments like "from aneurism to nose bleed" and the hundred that are getting typed right now.

This is why you only buy from certified Bosch reman centers. Before I left the fuel injection shop I worked at we built a specific clean room that was under vacuum just for building common rail injectors. The tool kit and test equipment was another $250k. Anything less should be considered below the manufacturer's standard.

Actually, a clean room should be under positive pressure, right? That way any cracks and doors that get opened get debris pushed out of the room instead of being sucked in. $.02

Our pricing for new BBi Injectors is more than fair for what we provide. In addition there is no one who can offer what BBi does, Let’s review this post: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/7139601-post1.html

Funny way of putting it, but true in every respect.

As far as Brian's diatribe, if you know the problems with re-mans, the next step is crystal clear, you offer a superior re-man.
Otherwise you're just pushing a product and not really interested in an alternate, economically feasible, solution.

I guess what I'm also saying is, you've already nitpicked the competition, can you handle the competition nitpicking you?

Mark.

We do not wish to offer a reman for sale to the general public even though we are able to offer a superior reman. Why? Please review the first post on this thread! There are reasons we do not offer remans and why we do Brand NEW Injectors only. We refuse to use old stressed components in the manufacturing of our product.

Nitpicking from the competiiton? I welcome that dialogue Mark.

time to wait for him to go get an approved response..........

Lets have some intelligent questions worthy of me waiting for an approved response Mike! :popcorn:

Thank you Gentlemen!

What nozzles do bbi use? And just for the sake of conversation, how do you feel about BMS nozzles?

Excuse me while I go grab some more Snake Oil..... Got ran of Cummins Forum for this, gonna be worse on her.

Oh yes Woosley...got run like a "Rainbow Carpet Cleaner" salesman on CF....now hes stepping into the shark tank

:pop:

I see Bob is watching... Maybe seeing how long before Brian gets kicked off of here too?

Back