wich cam is needed

bdhrvp44. silverbullet. qaud addren. with pulse. With other goodies.. not sure what way to go.. i know nothing about cams. if i aske somebody , they say hamilton is the best.. so here i am .. lol
thanks

Call Diesel Pro's have pen n paper ready to take notes or your head will be spinning from all the info Bill rattles off :hehe:

My appologies viewing from mobile skin comp d I didn't realize this was in the hamiliton forum.

I just installed the #3 Big Stick re-grind in my 12 valve. Still going back together, but heard alot of happy people with this cam.

No problem. I would expect nothing less from diesel pro guys.

I would say you will need some help to make that silver bullet a little more drivable. I like to help people make an airflow plan, part of which is turbocharger choice and partly cam choice. The silver bullet will do fine on power at high rpm but it is far from the best choice for a truck that will be used on the street due to the fact that they don't make the best power at lower rpms due to their laggy nature. In spite of this fact we can help you out. I would say our 181/210 will help get it lit up at lower rpms, lower egt's and make the truck more drivable at all rpm's.

Are you planning on doing any drag racing? Auto? How tight is your convertor? What size injectors are you running? Although the 181/210 will probably be your best choice, we offer custom grinds if you want to go full tilt.

Thanks for the interest in our products,

Zach Hamilton

Call Diesel Pro's have pen n paper ready to take notes or your head will be spinning from all the info Bill rattles off :hehe:

Thats funny, the same thing happens when you call Zach. He really went into depth when helping pick out a cam for my race engine build. Not just pick any old cam. Great service and he knows his stuff!

Chris

No problem. I would expect nothing less from diesel pro guys.

No need to throw insults Zach I appologized for my mistake. I do not run anybodies aftermarket cam currently in either of my trucks so I'm not a "Diesel Pro guy". Both my trucks still have stock Cummins camshafts. I called several companies including yours a couple months ago when doing research, and was merely impressed with how much info Bill rattle off the top of his head.

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to throw mud on anyone I honestly didn't know which forum this one in until Travis sent me a blackberry message.:doh:

sorry i havent been on here to get back with you. i have been out of town.
in wich i got 20mpg with this setup. i run it on the track. it is a 6 speed.
i run ddp 250 comp inj in it rite now. with the silverbullet. and a bdhrvp44
i dont want some thing wild. just something i can run on the street.When going with a cam. Will this hurt my mpg? Another thing. I would like to be able to put my 150s back in and a smaller turbo(62/65/12) for towing my other truck?but if the silverbullet lites better there will be no need to swap out turbos.

thanks for the help.. and i hope i didnt confuse you any..

get that thing ordered Curtis, so we can put it in! That cam should help a bunch i bet! Do you have springs? I forget!

A slightly smaller injector might make the towing possible even with the bullet depending on the weight of the load.

Zach

so the 181/210 will be my best bet or what do you think.. can you give me a price.. on here or pm it to me.. thanks zach

dex.. i am working on some springs. but i have been told that the stock 60s will hold.. i am looking ferther in to that.. looking at some 90s.. do you all carry them zach?

hamiltons springs are the best. If you run at the track, Id put the springs in just to be safe. Pistons hitting the valves arent fun.

That is correct. Also we are coming out with an improved 24v spring for the guys running the massive competition cams with super high lift. They should be out towards the end of the year.

Zach

Back