widest tires

lco

i was looking around and i saw a picture of duke1n's truck with 22x10 wheels with 7" backspacing and it looked awsome. so i was wondering whats the widest tire/wheel combo you could fit on a 3rd gen. the biggest proxies i could find were 315/30r22s which are 29.5" tall and 12.2" wide and they recommend an 11" wheel for those tires. so to not have the wheels sticking out i figure i'll need get custom wheels made like duke1n did, 22x11 with 8"+ backspacing. so i looked for dually wheels and i seen that some of them have 8"+ backspacing so it seems you could do it.

On thing to consider is when you move a wide wheel back under the wheel well, you will begin to rub pretty quick on control arm(s). Mine will rub within a half turn of full lock. Some of that is because the truck is lowered but going with an 11" wide wheel and 8" backspacing, it's going to rub. If you don't parallel park or need full lock turn abilities then no big deal. If you are interested in having Bozes made let me know and I can hook you up with Zach.

yea if you're not interested in turning. You can fit pretty much anything you want. But even with fender flares on my truck. I rub the inner liner with my 12.9" wide tires and am real close to the control arms. And I am even leveled off too.

ok let me clearify. whats the widest tire/wheel combo you can fit on the rear of a 3rd gen and not stick out past the fenders.

Back