will 4in exhaust cause overboosting?

brmpipes

BRM Pipeline Services Inc
ok,got my truck back from ford for warrenty work.Well nothing was done,they need to have a meeting with the growenups about my 4in exhaust.I was told that because the exhaust is so free flowing that it has caused the turbo to overboost to 32psi often.I called bullshard on that so now i did up info to present to the dickheads.oh buy the way the headgaskets are in need of fixxing lol.:hehe:

Wow, just goes to show that different dealerships go by different rules. I've had mine in for a couple of things and they haven't said a thing about my exhaust. I have a 4in with a muffler but no cat. Hopefully it works out for you and if it don't, find a different dealer.

I think i will look into that.They said they would probley do the work,but why the bullshides?

See my dealeship said nothing about the TB with no muff, said it was fine as long as I kept the cat....it was gone the next day.

Troy

cool,i should be able to cut the cat in and back weld it since it is 3.5in and my pipe in 4in.

i have no cat and a high flow muffler and no boost issues at all.

take it to another dealer, they should fix it, our dealer doesn't mind the airraid, or silverline TB exhaust with no cat or the gauges.

Isn't there like a law where they can't refuse to do work on a vehicle because the customer made a modification if that modification wasn't directly linked to the issue?
exhaust my cause faster spool but the wastegate, fueling, electrical, everything else is what controls the max boost, the exhaust doesn't control the boost, just lets it get there a tiny bit faster...
d*mn fords and their d*mn blowing headgaskets...

6.0 is not wastegated, its a VGT, and its the MM act, but it protects against non oem parts like fuel filters, air filters, and such, or at least that is the was a believe it to be.

They are FOS, and trying to cop out. I guess if you over inflate the tires that might make them harder there by rotating faster, and may over rev the engine. Tell them the next time you come in will be with an attorney.

RideIcon said:
Isn't there like a law where they can't refuse to do work on a vehicle because the customer made a modification if that modification wasn't directly linked to the issue?

yes, but there's also a precident that he with the deepest pockets and the better lawyers wins

wish i would of known about this law... my injector o-rings went south and since i had an afe stage two intake, they chose not to fix it. tried for the hpop leaks.... same thing. air filter voided warranty. tried to push the subject with ford, and they told me its the dealerships discretion. i had to have my truck up and running so i did it myself. bought the o-rings from pdp and a spiffy tool when i did the hpop stuff. hell of a lot cheaper than what ford tried getting.

want to come do head gaskets,iv got beer .:hehe: i still have to wait till tuesday to find out,

txastuff79 said:
wish i would of known about this law... my injector o-rings went south and since i had an afe stage two intake, they chose not to fix it. tried for the hpop leaks.... same thing. air filter voided warranty. tried to push the subject with ford, and they told me its the dealerships discretion. i had to have my truck up and running so i did it myself. bought the o-rings from pdp and a spiffy tool when i did the hpop stuff. hell of a lot cheaper than what ford tried getting.

That's crap.

Find another dealer. Some will try this crap but others won't. Ask your buddies around there and see what dealers they use. Another option is to see what dealers put on aftermarket stuff. Those will be the ones that might be willing to do the work. Another option, ask your performance center if they know anyone. Mine has a dealer that will do a ton of work under warranty but that’s because the tech gets paid either way.

I always try to return the truck back to stock as much as I can but your problem isn't exhaust. It was most likely caused by a chip or something else. Not the exhaust. That’s rediculious!!!!

yah i think it was the chip too.I had the truck returned to stock when i first had it to the dealer two months ago.They reflashed the pcm and did some tests.They confirmed the truck needed work done to it.Iv had a few other appointments set up but each time got the old to busy if you want to leave it.Now its down to the nut cutting.I think the vanes in the turbo are sticking causeing the over boost.Iv left the chip of it for over two months now,just waiting for a quiet fix.:rockwoot:

Ford audits the Dealers. If they have a high Warranty ratio compared to the amount of vechicles sold they can have issues with Ford. It all comes down tot he service department manager and the dealer owner. They make the call. You need to remember that each dealership is indepenently owned and operated.

Back