Will a 160 pump be weak compared to the VP?

ashby

Just thought about this.. The parts motor I am picking up is a 160hp..
After I put .084 lines, 191dvs, 4gsk, mack plug, hamilton big stick cam, 110# springs, pushrods, and tappets will my truck truck have more power than with the VP44?

Just wondering, I know it would feel like I slug with the 160 stock, but I don't know how much improvement those mods are going to make.

What hp range those mods put me at? I'm sure I will add different plates and things like that, just haven't got that far ahead yet.

Oversized lines for stock injectors/turbo?

Just curious, why the swap? (Since you obviously aren't pushing the VP past it's limits.)

Because my VP ****ted out and for the same price I can p-pump..

I don't want to have to do it again.. ever

Going with the .084 lines because that is what everyone is saying to use.. I guess it can support my bigger parts when I go that route after the swap.

It won't feel weak. It will take some tuning to make it better. Be ready to tune it won't be awesome straight out of the box.

I got lucky and mine ran great from the get go. I had a 175 pump with the same mods you listed. With no plate and untouched AFC full forward it did 500 uncorrected with absolutely no tuning. I have a lot more done and it was a step back for me but still a good # I think for putting it together and dynoing it.

Mine runs great for an untuned pump. Till 2400rpm at which point boost drops from 45 to 20 and egts go from 1550* to 1200* and the truck loses power. Stupid stock GSK. LOL

better than mine, it only runs on 5 cylinders thanks to a stuck plunger, haha

Back