Will a Edge Comp roll smoke or just the Drag Comp?

AMMO22

BANNED
I am looking to get my wife an Edge Comp box, but I want her to be able to make any would-be tailgater regret ever leaving the house (by smokin' them out a bit). Will a normal comp box work or will she need a Drag Comp? Thanks folks.

Depends on your injectors, but the only real difference with the drag comp is it fuels for longer in the RPM range. So a regular Comp will do the trick.....

With just my 60 Hp sticks, my Comp box rolled some decent smoke. Enough that tailgaters would think twice:evil

If you do not pulg in the map sensor connection, it wil smoke like a train... Are you planning on upgrading a tranny? You can kill a stock tranny with a comp.

Yes, the trans will be upgraded. At least a valve body and TC. Where is the map sensor on a 24v?

right behind the fuel filter housing. the regular comp will roll the smoke, just turn up your low boost fueling. the drag comp fuels to 3200 instead of 2800 on 5x5, it feels alot more aggressive also. if you just want smoke save the 125 bucks and stay with a comp

She will be racing it from time to time. We are taking her truck and mine to Diesels in the Desert in Pheonix. Will the Comp work ok for racing ocasionally?

yea it will work for racing but i think the drag comp is so much better of a box or should i say so much better 5x5 because thats all it changes. at first you said you just wanted smoke, but for anybody running the comp box for the performance aspect of it (racing/pulling) i highly recommend the drag upgrade.

She probably won't race more than 4-5 times a year if that, but this does get addicting, so who knows. Well I'll keep looking for someone selling a drag comp.

will unlugging that sensor help say sled pulling I am looking for more fuel I have the drag comp, hot rod pump, 11 hole dragon sticks, pro street twins, 3000cc water inj and need more fuel to burn without going to the p pump also what can I stack on top of that I know the super chips does not work out well it actualy defueled with the SC. Smarty maybe??? or maybe just unplug that map sensor

:thankyou2: Better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

The Drag upgrade is worth $125 if she plans on racing. If you want a smoke show...a set of injectors & the comp will be great. I think you should wait for the new quadzilla box to be released if you want a awesome box. The 180hp race box is said to be equal to a TST/smarty stack. Just my $.02

SuperDave4x4 said:
Do you have any more info on this quad race box for the 24v?
I did beta test the new XZT 70hp tow box for quad which was just released. It is basically a Smarty with 3 power levels on the fly, but egts dropped 150* below all Smarty levels. The race box should be released mid September & by the feedback that I am getting....very aggressive tunes right off idle. So aggressive that big injectors are making the vp44 pump shutter. He is working the bugs out right now & it is gonna be awesome.:bow:

What do you consider BIG injecters? 200hp? If this box is the cats meow I would like to replace my comp box soon, but I'll be getting a new turbo before I start thinking about getting rid of my comp.

SuperDave4x4 said:
What do you consider BIG injecters? 200hp? If this box is the cats meow I would like to replace my comp box soon, but I'll be getting a new turbo before I start thinking about getting rid of my comp.
The shutter was a problem for trucks running 200hp & up injectors. At first it was so bad that it wasn't driveable. Then quad did some adjusting in baby steps until it was completely gone. He was trying to get the most power possible out of the vp44. This is a issue of the past & the box will be available soon. He is waiting on the cases & wiring harnesses to arrive from his supplier & these babies will be available. From what the guys who tested the box have told me....this one should put the 2nd gens back on the dyno charts.

You could also talk to Dominator Diesel, they might know some about them. They are also testing a VA box, that is supposed to be pretty awesome also.