Will P0243 cause defueling?

syrupdawg

GA Diesel Mafia
I just got my 2005 back together with the compounds (63 over 78) and dual stock dodge cp3's. We drove it and it definitely picked up some power on the bottom end but not like I thought it should have. On the top end if doesn't feel much stronger than what it was with just the 63 and single stock cp3. Right before I started the turbo and cp3 stuff I started getting a p0243 (wastegate solenoid) code. Its the only code I have besides the intake heater solenoid codes. Can it cause defueling? I have one of the foolers that plugs into the wastegate harness but it may have went bad. I can't check it yet until my new dual cp3 controller gets here.

I believe that's the code I had with my truck and had wiring issues in the map sensor circuit. It was deffinetly low on power when that code would trigger. I believe there is a bank of sensors running off one power wire which included the wastegate solenoid and map/iat sensor

Leave the watergate solonid plugged in , just zip tie it out of the way

I believe that's the code I had with my truck and had wiring issues in the map sensor circuit. It was deffinetly low on power when that code would trigger. I believe there is a bank of sensors running off one power wire which included the wastegate solenoid and map/iat sensor

Was that the only code you were getting or a few others too?

I also have grid heater and fan codes because they are removed.

Hook a scan tool up and see what all your sensors are reading. With the scan tool hooked up and sitting under the good I started wiggling and pulling wires and connectors until I found a wire that made the readings jump

I was wronge, my code was p0236 an over post code I'm not sure if the wastegate side pis is tied into the same circuit

When I put twin turbos on my 05 I unplugged the electronic waste gate , I got a code , I don't remember what it was but I'm assuming it was the one you got , I unbolted the waste gate off of the turbo and plugged it in and zip tied it out of the way ... Code went away , didn't really notice defuleing issues , if it feels soft on the top end I would look at rail pressure

When I put twin turbos on my 05 I unplugged the electronic waste gate , I got a code , I don't remember what it was but I'm assuming it was the one you got , I unbolted the waste gate off of the turbo and plugged it in and zip tied it out of the way ... Code went away , didn't really notice defuleing issues , if it feels soft on the top end I would look at rail pressure

Plenty of rail pressure...got it hooked to my scan tool...I sold the stock charger years ago so I don't have the wastegate solenoid to just tie up even though I wouldn't do that anyways. Kinda tacky sounding. Anyways im going to check the resistor in the plug tomorrow.

I also have grid heater and fan codes because they are removed.

Hook a scan tool up and see what all your sensors are reading. With the scan tool hooked up and sitting under the good I started wiggling and pulling wires and connectors until I found a wire that made the readings jump

If you removed the fan, and there is no resistor so it sees the fan circuit, it will defuel above 1/2 throttle~!!!!!!!!!!

Resistor wound up being bad. Replaced it with a 100ohm 1 watt and no more p0243. Didn't increase fueling any though. I guess I am out of injector with my 75k mile 75hp exergy remans. Time for some 100% overs

Back