Will the Tranny hold???

Slim

Breakin Crap
Hey guys I have a 98 24v and i was wondering if it would be a stupid idea for me to put a small set of injectors in my truck with a stock tranny.. the tranny shifts perfect and i have never had any trouble with it, i very rarely pull a trailer.. its really just a driver and im looking for just a bit more power out of it but nothing to crazy but i really dont have the money to do any tranny work at the moment.. any advise would be helpful.. thanks

A set of rv275's and an EZ would be a fun combo that shouldn't stress your tranny to much.

I agree with BgBlDodge, but remember that you have to pay to play. There is absolutely no guarantee that your tranny will be ok. Adding power always helps you find the weak point. Personally i would do it, i don't think that there is a very big risk involved

Your tranny will be fine for a little while, but it will go. I would at least put a valve body in your tranny to keep the line pressure up. I had just a valve body with a superchips on the highest setting for a while and it held up fine. Anything over 300hp I would have transgo shift kit or a whole new valvebody installed. I slipped my tc ALOT with just a valvebody and a comp box(tapped) and that netted me 315hp on the dyno.

PS: If I knew what I know now I would have done things alot different than I did. (and I'm still a newbie and this)

thanks guys for the great advise... which valve body would you go with?

Suncoast, but there are other vendors out there. Call the suncoast dealer and tell them what you are doing and they will lead in the right direction.

I think once you get some more power in your truck your going to want MORE. :)

I ran a comp, 275's, and a ksb-1 turbo and did 373hp on a stock auto with a DTT valvebody. I actually ran that stock tranny up to 496hp but I was living on borrowed time and I was being smart about driving it. It's when I got greedy and started doing boosted launches that it started slipping.

Slim...if you need a good VB to send in to get built, I have one from mine. We could swap so your truck won't be down.

Some tranny builders need cores to build from, other have them sitting...just FYI;)

BTW, if the injectors you're asking about are mine, they're not exactly small...Jammer 5's should be 150hp, and they ran almost as good as the Mach 4's we put in;)

Chris

Id say your fuel pump would be a weekpoint, i know when i put a simple edge on my vp44 truck my fuel pump died within a week, lol

thanks guys ive been doin a little research an i think im gonna go with the bosch 275s and prob throw a valve body in it and see how i like it... thanks for the input

My tranny held like a champ with a set of New Era 120's, pulling for a whole season, too.

I mean, sure, it eventually took a complete crap on the freeway 4 months later...But hey, it was fine for awhile.

I'm not sure but you will have to put a boost fooler of some type to make the injectors work. Someone will answer for sure.

gwhammy said:
I'm not sure but you will have to put a boost fooler of some type to make the injectors work. Someone will answer for sure.

Yes, well to get the most out of them. Haisley Machine sells them I do beleive.