Will this work?

nummit

I purchased a Detroit Trutrac the other day, and a friend with a 2000 Superduty v10 wants to upgrade from his open rear diff to my old limited slip rear diff. My question is since his 2000 Superduty is a gasser and I believe it has a 2 pinion differential, and the newer diesels have a 3 pinion differential will these two differentials interchange?
Is this a bolt in or will he need other parts?

Also, do you guys recommend new ring gear bolts and differential bearings or can I reuse the old stuff?
The old stuff has 26000 miles on it

The carriers themselves are the same dimensions externally and can be interchanged. Same carrier works in all 10.25/10.5" axles.

Of course, you'll both need to check the backlash and contact pattern after swapping carriers to assure that you get long life out of everything in there.

Thanks Dan,
I know the rearend will need to be set up again (not a big deal for the guy I'm going to pay LOL) I just wanted to make sure the two carriers would interchange before getting everything taken apart.
He is going to pay for my install and I'm going to give him my stock limited slip, a limited slip rebuild kit, and some other misc. stuff I have

Yep, physical dimensions of the carriers are the same......internal design, I have no idea on the stock stuff LOL

Back