Window Tint %...Whatcha Got?

I have been looking into tinting my windows all the way around.

what % are y'all using?

My buddy got his 97 Dodge 5% all the way around, but his front drivers/pass. look almost chrome or silverish...but as for his rears, they looked amazing (really dark black)

...would it have something to do the rear windows having stock tint already there?? any ideas for how to make the windows look "evenly tinted"

feel free to show pics.

5 and 20 on the back window...5 and factory tint on rear doors...20 on front doors...5 on eyebrow.

5% eyebrow, 20% fronts windows, rear windows and back window are some where around 10%. I wish my front windows were 10%.

Last edited:
We have 5% all the way around and get harassed about it constantly!! Steve has already had 1 ticket for it.:rules: Looks good but it's a pain in the a**.

Amy

the local tint shop does 5, 20, 35 and something else higher...would 20 be close to the back windows as stock??

Big12Valve said:
the local tint shop does 5, 20, 35 and something else higher...would 20 be close to the back windows as stock??

Yes. It will look nice. Mine was like that for a while until I went back and had the back window and the little side windows darkened up a bit.

some pics of mine with 5%

Attachments

• new truck 1.jpg
    new truck 1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 77
  • new truck 2.jpg
    new truck 2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 75
^^^^that looks awesome. did you put 5% over your factory tinted windows in the rear??

Ive got 20% over the factory rears, and 20% on the fronts also, and a 5% brow. Here ya go.

Attachments

• abc 005.jpg
    abc 005.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 45
  • abc 006.jpg
    abc 006.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 37
5% all the way around w/ a 14" 5% brow on windshield...my supercrew has 5% all the around and the entire windshield is tinted out, 10" 5% brow and the rest is 35%..

I have 5% over the rear privacy glass 20% on the front rollups and 50% on the entire windshield. I usually do 5% on the front 2 roll ups but the GF says when she drives the truck at nite she dosen't like it. I dont have any super good pictures of just the truck but heres some from a little bit away....
bondotruck009.jpg

I'm 20% on the front doors. Factory tint around the back.

truck12.jpg

Last edited:
Old pics....but this is what I used to have:

Truck was all clear new..
Two Layers of 5% on the rear doors and rear window.
A layer of 5% and 35% on the front doors
Two Layers of 5% on the top 14-16" of the windshield.

Front doors are clear now (I got a ticket....and don't need them to pull me now for the glass and start to see what else they could get me for LOL )

100_0061.JPG

100_0059.JPG

You couldn't see in my truck at all from the outside with that.