wire harness

Chevycummins

Bad case of Tinkeritis!
does anyone know of a company or someone that can make a complete custom wire harnes to work with like a factory guage set up in my 1994 chevy that i put a cummins in or maybe a set up to run autometer guages or something i want to get rid of the ecm and junk wires from my 6.5 turbo diesel and have a clean looking set up. i could do a custom set up if i had the time but i would like to just yank out the wires in there and plug a new harness in.

Since you have a 94 Dakota diqital makes a cluster for it . but u can make all of it work by hooking putting the chevy sending units in the cummins the speedo is driven by the transfer case I think . The Chevy does not run the cluster through the Ecm so only remove those wires . Rich

Since you have a 94 Dakota diqital makes a cluster for it . but u can make all of it work by hooking putting the chevy sending units in the cummins the speedo is driven by the transfer case I think . The Chevy does not run the cluster through the Ecm so only remove those wires . Rich

thats what i am doing now i have the oil pressure sending unit and was going to the temp sensor and have the gm alternator on it but wasnt for sure what wires i should of cut and ones that i should of left because my fuel guage is messed up and my speedo or odometer doesnt work all i have is oil and voltage and kinda wanted to update my dash with some guages just didnt know if someone out there made custom wire harnesses i had planned on trying to put a cab off a 95 on my frame because of the newer interior.

I would just get a complete wiring diagram for truck as far as changing the cab the digital dash stops at 94. in past motor swaps involving removing computers I have found that chevy usually runs the gauge wires through the driver side and computer wires through the passenger side . I have not gotten that far with the 2 Suburbans I am working on. Rich

ok thanks noticed the two clusters of wires on the firewall just wasnt for sure if the speedo and all that was calibrated through the computer or something like that it just looks like crap under the hood right now and i want to clean it up and run everything right and get a good clean look under the hood.

unplug your center connetor on your ECM and your speedo will work and youll have to have your DRAC module recalibrated for the tires. my speedo didnt work for a whole year till i decided to actually see what the computer does and my bro started unplugging the connectors while i was driving and the damn thing started working. dont ask me how or what all i know is that evey gauge on my dash works good. mines a 99 so im not sure if you ecm works the same way but thats what i did. was yours a 4l80e and are you retaining the GM trans with the speed sensor?

joe

i kept my nv4500 setup that i had to begin with i had to upgrade to one out of a 95 since thats when they had the same size input shaft as the cummins so i called a place in texas and they set it up for me so that i could keep my gm transfer case so that i didnt have to change any of my driveline. i dont even have the fuse in for my ecm i am using that power source for my pyrometer my problem was when i started the conversion i cut out all the plugs i didnt think i needed and i think that i may have cut one too many wires that crossed from my fuse panel to the ecm side :bangand that might have eliminated my power source of the sensor just havent taken the time to probe the wires to track it down 10-14 hr days are whipping my ass right now since my motor is completely mechanical i am tempted to just rip all the wires out and make my own dash with my own guages or get a premade one from that one place that does the digital ones up to my year truck i think their dash cluster comes with sensors meant for it. just so many ideas and dont now which one to choose lol. i will try and unplug the ecm sometime this week and see what happens. thanks for the info.:Cheer:
unplug your center connetor on your ECM and your speedo will work and youll have to have your DRAC module recalibrated for the tires. my speedo didnt work for a whole year till i decided to actually see what the computer does and my bro started unplugging the connectors while i was driving and the damn thing started working. dont ask me how or what all i know is that evey gauge on my dash works good. mines a 99 so im not sure if you ecm works the same way but thats what i did. was yours a 4l80e and are you retaining the GM trans with the speed sensor?

joe

Just dont pull the wires if you decide to go with the digital dash it is made to plug in and work with existing wires and sensors. They did say they could customize the setup to use a different sensor for the speedo and it can be easily calibrated whenever the tire size changes. They also have a Cruise control set up that you can purchase separate .The dash also comes with a built in accellerometer to measure hp, torque, 0-60 , quarter mile times ect. :tree:
Rich

thanks for the info

Just dont pull the wires if you decide to go with the digital dash it is made to plug in and work with existing wires and sensors. They did say they could customize the setup to use a different sensor for the speedo and it can be easily calibrated whenever the tire size changes. They also have a Cruise control set up that you can purchase separate .The dash also comes with a built in accellerometer to measure hp, torque, 0-60 , quarter mile times ect. :tree:
Rich