Wiring an 06 cummins

92fordcummins

Who has done it? It has the 48re for trans and transfer case all of the wiring and the computer is there what is involved in this?

Thanks
Patrick

ummmmmmmmmmmm

what he said. I know there is a problem with the trans recongnizing 12v. I think Richard had to install a relay to get his trans to work

I know that some of you have swaped the commonrails in to other trucks. Is there something different about the 06's? What has to be hooked up to get the motor to run?
Thanks

Screw the painless kit, worthless junk.

It takes 3 wires to make it run out of the stock engine harness. With an 06 you will need to use the Dodge fly-by-wire pedal wich will have to be hard wired into the harness but thats not too hard either just makes cruis control tricky.

If you plan to use the Dodge tranny you will need to get the PCM out of the truck too and most of the body harness so you can hook it all back up.

its really not hard, it looks intmidating but is very simple really.

As long as you have the wires from the donor truck you should be fine. I got everything from the truck when I did ours. Prob the hardest part was just figuring out which wires were what. A subscription to AllData and that was figured out easily.

ive put an 2005 CR in an 2001 Dodge 2500, i used the painless harness, it was pretty easy and i liked having the OBD port built into the harness so i could run devices off it if need be.