Wiring experts chime in.

DirtyMaxx03

This is a gasser related question. Just bought a rolling chassis and while im waiting for my motor to get done i want to clean up the wiring. The car looks like it has a painless wiring kit in it already that needs cleaned up.

My question is, how can i get power to the fuse block to test my headlights and tail lights, etc without the motor in or anything like that? I havent gotten a good look at the fuseblock, are there spots for direct power and ground? Thanks for any help.

There has to be power in somewhere on the block, look for the heaviest wiring, likely power only, ground won't go through the block

fusebox should ground to the frame right? I just need to temporarily get power to the fuseblock. Thanks man

Last edited:
The only thing there may potentially be is a ground for the coils on any relays that may be in the fuse box. battery ground to the chassis (or to the factory - battery cable) should be all you need on the negative side

does there need to be a relay between the battery + and the fuseblock if i am only gonna be powering the fuseblock for a few seconds at a time?

Thanks for the help, im a wiring newb. I hope the wiring isnt hacked too bad and i can tell whats what. thanks again

Last edited:
nope. you are just providing source voltage to the block.

Back