wiring fuel shut off HELP!!

marcpate

jackass
almost done with swap into my 87 chevy went today to wire up fuel soliniod I have a large red wire and a large black wire and a smaller green with black stripe wire. I'm thinking black is ground, red is hot when key is on and green is for key in start position? Should I use any relays and how to wire them? any help is appreicaited! I might be able to crank this turd tommarrow if I'm lucky Thank yall, Marc

the red wire is for the pull in which is only energized when you are cranking.it needs around 70 amps so it needs to come off the battery. Use a ignition solenoid and use the solenoid wire on your starter to trigger it(easiest way) the little green wire is for the hold in circuit which needs to be wired to a key 12 volt source it only pulls around 5 amps. The black is the ground.

A buddy of mine just got a sweet 87 K2500 and wants to put a 12v in it...

what are you doing for gauges in the dash?

did you buy a conversion kit with cross member, motor mounts etc?

Conversion

I used autometer gauges but my speedo and fuel stock gauges still work. I used the avalanche engineering cross member it worked perfect no complaints I set the motor as high as it goes and as far back that I could I did use a offroad designs 1 inch body lift It was a easy conversion but costly and timely. My runs but I still dont have a t-case adapter from destroked yet Thats all I need and I be riding soon I hope. Im very happy with this motor combo Have fun!!

Back