wirring brake controller on 1994 dodge

PRINCETON_JAKE

so i decided to put a better brake controller in my truck but i have a problem. I cant find a switched/ignition positive wire to go from, does dodge run the ground instead of the positive through the ignition switch?

Also, i dont want to use a relay if i can help it. just a fuse or cirtuit breaker.

Being a 2nd Gen it should have the pre-wired harness from the factory. There should be a decent size blue square plug above the parkin brake under the dash. If you can locate this go to your local trailer supply shop and purchase the pig tail for $15.... wa-lah no wiring needed!

so i decided to put a better brake controller in my truck but i have a problem. I cant find a switched/ignition positive wire to go from, does dodge run the ground instead of the positive through the ignition switch?

Also, i dont want to use a relay if i can help it. just a fuse or cirtuit breaker.
Brake controls aren't usually wired to the ignition. They are wired hot all the time.
Being a 2nd Gen it should have the pre-wired harness from the factory. There should be a decent size blue square plug above the parkin brake under the dash. If you can locate this go to your local trailer supply shop and purchase the pig tail for $15.... wa-lah no wiring needed!
Pre wired harness didn't start til 96.

Back