wix filters

ChaseN

Jobless/Truckless
is there anything wrong with wix fuel filters?
i am going to replace both of my filters with wix filters but was unsure if it was "safe"

I sell WIX filters on a daily basis and have had no problems in 2 years.

alirght thanks guys!
ford told me "if you run anything other than our filters in your truck it is fcked" haha

i've never used ford filters on any of my 7.3s, 6.0s, or 6.4s, but figured i'd ask since i heard it!

i bought both filters WIX from o-reillys for $26.79 with tax!! i think they messed up so i bought another set haha

You got two filters for $26.79? Are they the right kind? (two big filters, not 1 big 1 little like the 6.0 had)

yes sir! i put them in the truck last night! what a PITA! i thought 6.0's were bad to change, this damn 6.4 has MORE sh!t in the way on that frame rail haha.

Yeah, that frame rail filter is a biotch. Socket wrench really helps. I did my first few changes with a crescent wrench - I think I cussed more then that I ever have.

I will have to talk to my filter guy but if I can remember right, the WIX filter for the 6.4L outperforms damn near anything out there.

Snap-On makes a double-ended socket to change the oil and fuel filters for the 6.0/6.4's. It's around $28 and a worthwhile investment IMO.

Dave

Back