wondering about hp/tq on Suncoast trannies ?

triton

Scarlet Fever
anyone know how much the shafts they sell will hold up too ?

There's alot of talk about peak performance with CR engine's but, how do the " off the shelf parts " for trans hold up to that kind of power ?

Are the " off the shelf " parts sold the same as the parts in the pro diesels that use them ?

W1cked said:
I broke one of there full billet input shaft.

your just the person that made me ponder the question. I noticed you had an Opie and wondered why. So many run Suncoast but their website doesn't post tq numbers like Opie.

I would assume you're doing boosted launches in 4x, you'd think it'd be playing hell on the intermediate.

After seeing Opie's stuff live in both RC and Jorge's trucks...that's what I'll be running in mine too.

triton said:
I would assume you're doing boosted launches in 4x, you'd think it'd be playing hell on the intermediate.

My thoughts exactly.

Just keep in mind no matter what the shaft is made out of I would put money on it that it will break at some point............They can only be so strong as small as they are

UNBROKEN said:
After seeing Opie's stuff live in both RC and Jorge's trucks...that's what I'll be running in mine too.

I've got an order in for one of opie's transmissions now. I'm not making big power yet, but i plan to try. :hehe:

Opie's stuff is awesome.

Chris

CL2000 said:
Just keep in mind no matter what the shaft is made out of I would put money on it that it will break at some point............They can only be so strong as small as they are

That was a true statement. The size was a limiting factor for strength. Opie decided to do something about it...

Rather then repeat a bunch of stuff, read here: http://competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11999

Chris

Last edited: