won't boost from a stop

Hdhorton

Too broke to go fast
the truck in my sig just started doing this last night. Haven't tried to do a boosted launch lately but when I tried to last night it would only make 1lb of boost sitting still and the turbo wouldn't light until it wound out in 1st gear and it does fine going down the road and still makes full boost. It's only when I try o stage it up. I know I'm not the smartest by any means on this stuff but the only thing I can really think of is maybe my torque converter? I'm still learning my way around this stuff so any help would be greatly appreciated

On or off it doesn't matter. It used to boost around 10 to 15lbs with it off from a stop and now it's only 1 or 2lbs. But I came up a hill last night on the way home and floored it and it made about 35lbs. Usually it's 40. Is it possible a small boost leak would keep it from spoolin?

Boost leak will make it laggy but should still be able to light it. I'd check all the rad box connections, it sure sounds like tm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No the turbo doesn't spool or the motor won't rev anymore once it gets to 2lbs. It just holds there. And I can tell it's got more turbo lag down low now. I'll check the rad box connections when I get home tomorrow. But one of them has came loose before and it didn't do this. Just my oil pressure tach and temp gauge didn't work till I plugged it back in. But I'll check just to be sure

i would be looking more into the turbo. drive side specifically.

Ok I'll check it out. I just can't figure out why it acts normal once I'm movin but not sittin still

What does the RPM come up to when you're trying to build boost?

sounds to me like the torque management is still working. might wanna check and make sure the box is hooked up correctly.

Not sure on the rpms I'll have to check it later and it could be the torque management but even before I had the rad box it would spool to around 10 to 15lbs or so. So that's what's got me scratchin my head

I've had small boost leaks kill the ability to spool in less than 10 seconds. How big is that charger?

I checked the connections to my rad box earlier and they were all good and it's workin like it should be. I got it to spool once in 2wd but I tried it in 4wd and it wouldn't go much past 1000rpm and still only made about 2lbs and was just dumpin smoke like you wouldn't believe. I even tried to roll into it and still nothin. Finally I got it to light one time but it took almost a minute and when I let off the brake and took off the truck made it fine through first gear but about half way through second it's like it lost all fuel and fell on it's face then I let off and floored it and it did good till 3rd gear then it did it again. But on the way home it acted fine. I think my vp's finally about to bite the dust cause it turned over for about 20 seconds before it started after I took it on it's little test run. Still scratchin my head at this point