Wont go into 4low

Fuzzys69

Got Smoke?
My 04 will not go into 4low, what could cause this problem? It will go right into 4HI, then when i put it in Neutral it stays in 4Hi.
Thanks
Fuzzy

when mine did that...it was a bad GEM module. You can check it with a volt meter at the transfer case. Just need the pinout of the plug thats right there.

You can also check the relays that are on the drivers side under the hood. If the cab has been lifted off of the truck you can also check the wire harness that is under the airfilter.

My cab was up in the air about 6 months ago, and i havent put it in 4low since then. i will have to check it.thanks

i was messing with it today, and the only way i can get it into 4low is to put it in 4hi then go to neutral, shut the truck off then put it in 4low, and restart the truck. But then I have to shut the truck off to take it back out of 4low.

i was messing with it today, and the only way i can get it into 4low is to put it in 4hi then go to neutral, shut the truck off then put it in 4low, and restart the truck. But then I have to shut the truck off to take it back out of 4low.

That is exactly how mine is. Sometimes I have to shut it off and start it a couple times before it will come out of low.