Won't shift out of first at WOT

Limited

Slow N' Quiet
My brothers 99' was having shifting problems with his full billet DTT. While sled pulling it would not shift out of first. We tried adjusting everything that DTT said with no change. So to get his puller up and shifting, we swapped my Goerend valve body into his truck and the DTT into mine. Like magic, his truck now shifts good. But wouldn't ya know it mine won't shift out of first at WOT with no load at all. His would shift fine at WOT with no load. But if under load it would not shift out of first.(We tested different adjustments on his truck under load by hooking the trucks back to back, lol).

So why won't mine shift out of first at WOT just driving? I thought maybe adjusting the TV cable would help (even though it didn't help on the other truck, wishfull thinking I guess). I havn't played with it yet though. Any other thoughts?

Goerend didn't solve the isue

First of all I have the 99 that is talked about in this thread. It is my dailly driver as well as my competition project. As limited stated it wouldn't come out of first gear under load. I have made several tweaks and adjustments and can't solve the problem. Now we have the goerend vb and it is no doubt better, but under extreme load it still bangs the rev limiter at least once or twice before shifting. But with the goerend vb comes new isues. Now the trans bounces between 1st and 2nd, and between 2nd and 3rd like crazy under no load light throttle driving. Any ideas? :nail:

What should the pressure be at? If its too high will that keep it from shifting?

Well I've never been completely satisfied with that Goerend VB, it did the same thing in my truck. In my truck it would bounce between 1st and 2nd under light throttle, but never between 2nd and 3rd. That was my only issue with the Goerend.

With the DTT, my converter locks and unlocks quite a bit, never did that before. Also, my truck now surges with the cruise control set! It never did that before! And of course the shifting issue. Under WOT it wont shift. 1/2-3/4 throttle it shifts as it should. Under 1/2 throttle it hangs up in first and won't shift until 2500rpm, which is gay. But then in second(under 1/2 throttle or less) it hits third way to fast. Then it hits OD way to fast. Then it locks the TC at 40 effing mph and back-peddles the STOCK turbo and snuffs itself out. It just plain sucks to drive.

We just had a stock trans doing this. We traced it to a faulty governor pressure sensor. Replaced it and adjusted the tv cable. Now it's back like new.
I'd say check line pressures.

I have no way to check line pressure, whould to much line pressure keep it from shifting? I say yes, but I have had several opinions and want the real answer.

We just had a stock trans doing this. We traced it to a faulty governor pressure sensor. Replaced it and adjusted the tv cable. Now it's back like new.
I'd say check line pressures.

X 2!!! I would bet money this is the problem. You can also tie the TV cable open all the way at the tranny to test that line pressure isnt the problem.