World Ag Expo / West Coast Nationls

I know modified trucks like yours, and toms dont run down the street thats fine there is noting wrong with that, but there are plenty of people that make great power that do. There are a lot of dmaxs that are fun to watch that are daily drivers with a lot of power. They should allow them to pull. I've been to plenty of pulls and been to drag races too. I know the difference in stuff and either way your wide open whether it be on the street or track and your just as likely to break a part with a high power truck on the street as you are on the track. From the look of the PDI truck on the west coast nationals page he didn't have all that stuff and they let him run whats the difference.

Last edited:
They didn't have rules he probably showed up and they let him pull, this is the first year with rules.

BBD

I guess all these rules are great for trucks like tom and scott, but they're pretty unrealistic for the street trucks. The same trucks that run 110+ in the quarter mile don't meet the safety rules to drag a sled down the track at 20mph.

With that said, I'm getting started on my ujoint shields, loops, and sled stops. I'll pass on the fire suit, and front end shielding.

Just make sure you look at the rules for the class you want to pull in, again these rules are for the Modified class.

BBD

Just make sure you look at the rules for the class you want to pull in, again these rules are for the Modified class.

BBD

I looked everywhere and could only find the rules you posted a link to (for modified).

thanks,

jp

If by EXPO you mean the West Coast Nationals as in this thread then no, its just for the modified class. The modified rules for the WCN's are on there site.

BBD

If you travel a little, they have pulls in NV once in a while, I pulled with them Elko before.

BBD

looks like the event tomorrow is canceled due to weather

The other two are still on, it's supposed to rain Monday there but not Tuesday and Wednesday and the track is covered :)

BBD

i'm still curious to see IF they let people slide on the rules. if they don't you'll be the only diesel pulling Scott..

i'm still curious to see IF they let people slide on the rules. if they don't you'll be the only diesel pulling Scott..

I won't be the only diesel pulling, again think outside the state. Think Detrioit diesel :) and I know they meet the rules of the Mod class.

I am okay hooking by my self if I am the only one anyway's at this point it's about putting on a show not competition.

You coming down Nick to see if you can slide in?

BBD

Hey Scott are you going, if so, i think I'll come down and watch one night. Also is Terry Thain goin? I am sure they won't enforce all the rules and even a truck like mine would probly get in.
I won't be the only diesel pulling, again think outside the state. Think Detrioit diesel :) and I know they meet the rules of the Mod class.

I am okay hooking by my self if I am the only one anyway's at this point it's about putting on a show not competition.

You coming down Nick to see if you can slide in?

BBD

Hey Scott are you going, if so, i think I'll come down and watch one night. Also is Terry Thain goin? I am sure they won't enforce all the rules and even a truck like mine would probly get in.

I am heading down this afternoon, Terry said he won't be able make it. Come on down and hang out man, I have never been to this pull before but hear it's a first class event. Should be a lot of a equipment there.

BBD

Nah, i'm still waiting for J&H to finish my dually so i have no tow vehicle... my trailer is 3 legged although it would make it. if i had the dually i might have done it but i don't want to borrow a tow vehicle.

have fun guys. weather is nice here.

Back