Worth upgrading turbos?

JeepHauler

I have an 01 auto with the hy35 running only an edge ez. Is it worth upgrading to a hx35 for daily driving? I'm considering this or RV275's and a 4" exhaust. My vp44 will also be replaced soon. I'm really looking for mileage and a little more hp. I can't afford to dig into the tranny because of too much hp.

BTW, the HX35 I'm looking at comes with a 4" down pipe and a boost elbow for ~350 good deal?

I think thats a pretty good deal. HX35's are cheap, but still I think thats a good buy as long as it in good shape. However, I don't really think there will be that much of a performance boost. Do the HX and RV's,(if ya can afford it) that will wake it up a bit.

If you have not done anything at all to the tranny I would spend the same dollar amount and get a good valve body, just that will make the stock tranny and converter MUCH happier with the extra ponies. If you have enough left over get the RV's, the stock huffer will handle the extra fuel nicely.

Huh. so it changes in 01'? What the difference? I never really knew, just that the HX was better.

What the difference between them Forrest? I'll go look at mine....just curious now.

If you have not done anything at all to the tranny I would spend the same dollar amount and get a good valve body, just that will make the stock tranny and converter MUCH happier with the extra ponies. If you have enough left over get the RV's, the stock huffer will handle the extra fuel nicely.

any VB's you recommend? I've dealt with Art Carr on my Jeep stuff, but I've never looked into them for my truck. It sounds like I'm going to leave the turbo alone.

I personally like the DTT that I put in my brothers truck better than the Goerend that I put in mine. Shifts firmer, quicker, no gear jumping, etc.

any VB's you recommend? I've dealt with Art Carr on my Jeep stuff, but I've never looked into them for my truck. It sounds like I'm going to leave the turbo alone.

My personal favorite is Jeff Garmon's, after that would be Suncoast. Best bet for getting in touch with Jeff is via phone, he doesn't get online that much.

Garmon's Diesel 770 898 8585