WS vs. 2.6

nottanuff03

Can someone please explain to me the differnce in the two? I mean i understand in workstock its supposed to be the "stock appearing" turbo but with what the dmax's can do already out of the "stock" 2.5 or 2.6 charger kinda hard to tell the guy in the dodge or ford i guess that they cant run that 2.6 charger right? I mean just my two cents but seems that a non hanging weight 2.6 class is your new workstock class. but hey i could be wrong or somthing be told to me new open to theories and ideas boys

If the rule is stock appearing then technically you can run a stock housing with bigger guts. Some organizations thought of this before hand and set the rules accordingly. Others are quickly learning that they need to change their rules next year. I believe that the workstock class is a great class for people wanting to test the waters in pulling, however its not just your stock truck with a box class. Most of the pullers are running aftermarket pumps and injectors.

All of them are different. Just gotta read through the rules. Some are using 2.6 some are actually using stock appearing.

I was also wondering this.

I am wanting to build my truck up to be a Spring/Summer/Fall daily driver, and pull as much as I can during the season.

I was thinking the 2.6 class...but I know it takes big money to be competitive.

Yeah, i mean in my area of indiana I know if your a workstock truck just put the 2.6 charger on and forget about it, For one the associations in the area dont even run "stock appearing" its 2.6. Also the brush pulls either dont tech or they say 2.6 non hanging weight and 2.6 hanging weight.

I think 2.6 is a decent starter class. The turbos many run are great on the street also. I think this is the route a local pulling association is going but they want to run 2.5 instead of 2.6 because they think there will be less breakage. I think thats a load of bs but couldnt expect anything less from the two duramax guys that write the rules for this association. I prolly wont pull with them as they do the tech and run the same class they ran garrett turbos in stock appearing class. Anyone got a 2.5 cover for a s366? lol.

We run a 2.4 class in MO. I haul my wifes 2.6 truck to the pulls, unhook mine from the trailer, pull it and hook back up. I like my 62, its a good all around charger.

This assocaiton had a stock appearing class and a 2.8 class and that didnt make sense. Most the trucks switch to s364 part way throught the season and they only tech at the begining of the year unless you have a dodge and put feet on them. They always watch my truck rather close and i only pulled with a hx35. I was told a duramax turbo wouldnt pass 2.4 tech and thats why they were goin with 2.5. Im prolly not pulling with these guys next year. Im gonna just drive down to mo and pull with nwmtpa and iamo since i know a few guys that pull with them and all the local tractor guys pull down there.

Yeah without a good consistent tech all year long the Begining class will always have problems. Problem with a lot of associations is they have special interest people running the class(s). Good consistent tech with good rules cures a lot of problems.

up here it's an honor system.....and small enough that we either know whats in each others trucks or will find out before the next pull. we have a stock diesel class only right now in MATPA and we are looking for a bigger class but we need guaranteed interest first. the stock class is 2.5" turbo, single-stock appearing pump, reese hitch, no hanging weight, no roll pans as of right now, solid blocked suspension, and 26" hitch height.
i am pushing for a 2.6 or 2.8 class or just an open street class if that is what will get pullers into the club, but there are no heavily modded diesels in our area that show interest or that have come forward and asked about a class.
SNETPA has a new sled now so we'll see how they attract guys next year. is there a list of pulling clubs and classes here somewhere?

This assocaiton had a stock appearing class and a 2.8 class and that didnt make sense. Most the trucks switch to s364 part way throught the season and they only tech at the begining of the year unless you have a dodge and put feet on them. They always watch my truck rather close and i only pulled with a hx35. I was told a duramax turbo wouldnt pass 2.4 tech and thats why they were goin with 2.5. Im prolly not pulling with these guys next year. Im gonna just drive down to mo and pull with nwmtpa and iamo since i know a few guys that pull with them and all the local tractor guys pull down there.

did you hear about the new % hitch rule? not sure of anything else new, but the rules should be posted soon

yeah i heard about it from a friend but i havent look much into it to see if i need to change anything. I think they should also allow aftermarket intake valleys. I might try and get ahold of someone and talk about the rules because i would like to get my head done one of these days but want to be legal for nwmtpa and iamo.

yeah i heard about it from a friend but i havent look much into it to see if i need to change anything. I think they should also allow aftermarket intake valleys. I might try and get ahold of someone and talk about the rules because i would like to get my head done one of these days but want to be legal for nwmtpa and iamo.

the guys at St Joe Diesel should know what all the rules are...

Thanks i prolly just wait and ask them till i go down there and do some dyno runs once i get done rebuilding my t-case.