Wtb 5.9 rail psi sensor

steven_koenke

Looking for a good oem rail psi sensor bought one to replace my factory sensor and it took a **** already. No junk Chinese ones need one ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my original. I upgraded to a 6.7 sensor. Off my 06 has 125k on it. Text if interested. 717608190zero

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I have my original. I upgraded to a 6.7 sensor. Off my 06 has 125k on it. Text if interested. 717608190zero

What's the benefit of the 6.7 sensor? I know more rail psi but are they better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only did it for the ability to increase pressure when used with a high pressure relief.

I only did it for the ability to increase pressure when used with a high pressure relief.

Can you explain? I've always been told the 5.9 ecm will only read like 26,500 regardless of the sensor

The 5.9 only reads to like 25k and the 6.7 will read to 27k i believe. With my tuning i cant run a 5.9 because of added pressure. It will throw a code and defuel the truck.

The 5.9 only reads to like 25k and the 6.7 will read to 27k i believe. With my tuning i cant run a 5.9 because of added pressure. It will throw a code and defuel the truck.

really? maybe thats what mine is doing and i haven't been able to figure it out... what exactly happens and what code does it throw?

Yes the sensor reads higher, but the ecm is not calibrated to read it correctly. From what I understand it tricks the computer to command roughly 10% more pressure, but keep in mind the 5.9 injectors are a different animal then the 7.6 and the Duramax that can run higher

I dont remember the code number. My scan tool would say rail pressure to high when hooked to a sled i would get 100' out and it would be like cutting the fuel right off. Driving with the code on it would feel like your only at about 60/70% power