WTB 6.4 running engine

BWC

Looking for a long block for a 08 because mine melted. Short block may work if the heads and such are good.

Thanks

I'm assuming you mean a CR and not a powerstroke, give Ashley Black a shout. He was working on some the other day.

I'm assuming he means Powerstroke as he said heads

Honestly, I've gotten to where I just buy new short blocks from Ford @ wholesale price. They have a very forgiving core policy, and you know exactly what you're getting into

I got mine out of texas $4850 for a long block you have 30 days to send your core back and the warrenty is 3 year 100k i believe.

I have 2 6.4 long blocks if you are still interested. one has a piston cracked and the other supposedly spun a main. Ill make a good deal on one if you are interested considering both would have to be gone threw.

Sorry I should have said. But I am looking for a 6.4 powerstroke

I have 2 6.4 long blocks if you are still interested. one has a piston cracked and the other supposedly spun a main. Ill make a good deal on one if you are interested considering both would have to be gone threw.

PM sent

I'm assuming he means Powerstroke as he said heads

Honestly, I've gotten to where I just buy new short blocks from Ford @ wholesale price. They have a very forgiving core policy, and you know exactly what you're getting into

Mind if I ask on the cost you are getting them at??

Thanks

wholesale is around $5600

that comes with new cam, new lifters, new oil cooler, new thermostats, two head gaskets, head bolts, EGR hoses, etc. etc.

heads are around $1k a piece, but if the truck is stock or close to it, the heads will usually clean up.

I prefer to buy a short block and gamble on the heads most of the time. If you have to buy a head or both heads, you get extra head gaskets that can be used on future trucks.

and unlike mom and pop engine builders, Ford will take anything as core. we've tried some of the better known builders, and even clean running cores that maybe cracked a piston and scored up a cyl wall have gotten denied as good core. such BS

more expensive? yes, but if you factor in potential core hassle, and/or the potential hassle of having to fly the cab and R&R a sub-par build or a used motor, it evens out in the wash over time.

I've had good luck with pull-outs, but the cost of a pull-out has climbed pretty high... I'd rather have a new short block for $5600 than a complete pull-out of unknown history for $6500 even if it is an easier R&R. Salvage yards are quoting $5500-7500 around here, but they're usually in the $6500-7500 range.

again, that's all well and good until you have to do another R&R... yeah, they'll warranty the engine, but they won't warranty your labor!

Last edited:
I have a customer truck here from Kansas that was a runner but we built an entire new engine and installed it. He doesn't need a core so Im sure he would sell this one. PM if you want his number. The engine is at my shop in NE Iowa.