WTB Dana 80 SRW 3.54

Gorms

Currently have a Dana 70 w/posi that works, 240k on it, 98 2500 12V originally an auto. I think it needs R+P, getting a rumble under acceleration going straight, escpecially with a load. Don't have time to rebuild, so looking for a D80 from a single rear truck. Would consider a trade for a little off the price (2-300?)

LSD would be a bonus but doesn't really matter right now. Drum brakes work for me as well...having a hard time with junk yards in the area thinking any 10 bolt cover is the same....:bang the ones I have found have almost 300k and are going for $1500+. Looking for an 80 preferably, but a low mile (around 120k or so) 70 with LSD would also work for me I guess.

Located in SE Mass, can pick up if it's within a few hours drive. Will pay for shipping if it's worth it!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Contact Mark Nixon on here. He'll probably have one. I can't remember his handle right now. I'll send his number if I can find it.

Found someone in VT that has "a bunch" of them, along with a bunch of 12v's/5 speeds/autos/etc etc. hopefully it works out (and makes it there and back) as I'm heading up in the morning.

Thanks!

You should let others know about them. I'm going to put one in my truck in about two years. If the price is right, I might want to buy one soon.

I do actually have a 3.54 SRW one from a 1998.

I was in a yard to-day and there were THREE Cab/Chassis trucks there with D-80s in them and one had disc brakes.

Of course, it was very late in the day and I was feeling poorly. :D

Mark.

Got it! Thanks again guys.

I don't want to pump out an ad for the guy, but he was very fair and good to work with. Not a compd member that I know of, but he is on DTR and CF? I beleive. Had quite a few axles (ft. an rr), bellhousing adapters, complete motors, trans, etc. kicking around, all sorts of other goodies in the woodwork too.

I guess pm me for more info, I only have his email and phone numbers.

Last edited:
Glad you found exactly what you needed relatively quickly. :)

Mark.

That's a crapload of parts, just in the pictures!
Too bad he doesn't have pricing on any of it in that ad.

Mark.

Back