WTB - Running short block assembly

dieseltech8100

Cummins Nut
I am located in WI and although I would prefer a local purchase, I am willing to look far and wide to find a deal that would get me going back down the road.

The backstory: My truck recently started to run poorly (popping through the intake) and it was discovered that there are internal issues with it that would require the engine to be rebuilt. However, due to financing issues, I can't afford the rebuild and need to locate a runnable short block (less $$$ than a whole engine) that I can swap in and run until I can afford to rebuild the original engine. My head is already built up and ringed so I really wouldn't need to buy another one which is another reason I am looking for a short block.

I don't need an entire engine, or pump, or turbo... Just the complete lower half... block, timing gear case, cam and tappets, oil pump, crank and pistons, and preferably all still together. I would entertain a long block too but once more, I don't need all of that. Bus engines are fine as well.

Let me know if you know of something, or know of someone that has something like this. No junk please (JY finds maybe if the quality is good) I would like to make it more than the first 500 miles down the road.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks

You can PM me on here about anything. I check it when I get messages.

Back