WTF breaks?

Swamp Star

Go big or go home
My 05 is acting stupid every now and then. Sometimes when coming to a stop the peddal gets hard and I will have to push threw it to get it to stop. It dosent do this all the time just everynow and then. It feels like the ABS is kicking on but its not doing it under heavy breaking just normal breaking. There are no lights on or any codes.

Anybody else ever had this happen?

can you feel the abs pump kicking on? I've seen bad wheel speed sensors lose signal at low speed and the abs thinks that wheel is locking up so it goes into abs mode.

The pedal dosent jump persay but it just gets hard and has almost no stopping power. You have to stand on the pedal and push it threw it to have stopping power agian. It only does it when I really need breaks.......

I couldnt tell ya if the fluid has ever been changed, I have only had this truck for 2 weeks.

mine was like that and the rear drums had 2 cracks in them that you couldnt see till you took the breaks off.

bad pump or low fluid! turn the key off and hit the brakes! Same feeling huh!!

This is true but it sucks with 20k lbs pushing and wore out trailer breaks.

Im gonna pull the tires off and see if anything looks outta order friday.

Ummmm I dont think your getting it.:doh:

Your spelling brakes wrong.LOL

breaks = brakes:shake:

images

Make sure your power steering fluid is full. I have seen low fluid levels affect the hydro boost.