WTT Axles

pjsrider

Hey ya'll,
I have a set of axles out of a 1997 dodge 3500 with a cummins I would like to trade. The rear is a dually with 3.55 gears and limited slip. The front is the dana 60 with 3.55 gears. I want to go to a single rear wheel rear with 4.10 gears and the front needs to match with 4.10s. I am also open to gear sets swaps for the front since it is the same in the single wheel trucks as it is duallys. The rear is wider, so I would like to swap the whole axle for a single rear one. I have not owned the truck long, and know that the axles have 262,000 miles on them. I do not know the maintenace history on them, but the truck drives great and doesnt have very much steering play and the breaks work excellent. I am located in central Florida 34471 zip. I dont mind shipping the axles, but dont want to spend thousands of dollars doing it. If you have a set let me know.

Thanks,
Jay

I have 4.10s that I would swap but they are in a dually. Im in the same area as you also. Ocala,Fl

I'm also in Ocala. I'm interested in a swap for sure. I have never seen the gears in my truck, so I cant confirm on condition. They have 262,000 miles. How about yours?

Thank you,
Jay

I have a full set(front and Rear) Single wheel Rear with 4:10, but I'm in Southern Kentucky.

I am doing a single wheel conversion on my dually. My current axles widths are only an inch different on each side on the rear so I could just swap gears and be close enough to not see the width difference. Let me check with gmcz and see if he just wants to swap axels since it will be cheaper than having the gears set up. If his rear axle is to wide, then I'll get back to you wideopen. Any thoughts on how much shipping would cost us to swap them from florida to ky and visa versa?

Thank you,
Jay

I called you today Gmcz. Do you have a limited slip also? I dont know if their are any differences in the ring and pinion with or without a limited slip. I imagine we will both retain our original carriers and just swap pinions and ring gears.

Looks like we might have to swap carriers since the 4.10 is the break point.