WTT: My NV4500 & dual disc for your 47RH/RE

Got Smoke?

Going to try this again as I would REALLY love to make my 12V an auto after having my mega for a while now.

What I have:

NV4500 with a 98+ top cover (shorter shift throw) around 15,000 miles on it rebuilt with a complete over haul kit, new main shaft, and a new SBC 1 & 3/8" input shaft. New 5th gear and nut with set screws. All work was done by Richie Hendrix of Hendrix Diesel in Scottsville, KY. Filled with Amsoil NV4500 approved oil after rebuild.

YOUR CHOICE OF DD
South Bend 3250 12 ceramic button street dual disc and South Bend upgraded clutch hydraulics. This is not a quiet version clutch it does rattle when the clutch is depressed. This clutch has been in my truck since the transmission rebuild so around 15,000 miles

South Bend 3600 Sintered Iron pulling clutch SFI approved never installed no run time.

Heavy Duty NP241 transfer case that was opened and inspected at the same time as the NV4500. Determined all it needed was some small misc parts, parts were installed and reassembled. Filled with Amsoil ATF after reassembly.

What I'm looking for:

47RE/RH that is capable of handling the same amount of power as my setup (750ish HP) meaning it needs:

Triple Disc Converter
Billet Input shaft
Billet internals anchor/strut/servo's/accumulator/apply lever
Upgraded VB by a reputable transmission shop
Upgraded Flex Plate

Ideally I would like to find someone with a identical truck to mine (club cab long bed) and just swap all the factory stuff around (computer, harness, cooler, driveshafts, linkages). If you have a regular electronically shifted 47RE I would need your wiring harness and computer swapped with mine, I don't care about the column I will run a floor mounted shifter.

So if you interested please let me know, you will have to come to me as my schedule does not allow time to travel right now.

:thankyou2:

Last edited:
If it comes down too it we have a 47RH out of a 12v motor that needs rebuilt. Also have auto pedal assembly, steering wheel column, transfer case and im sure its a little more im forgetting.. We did a complete manual swap in it awhile back.. Not far from Jackson TN..

Last edited:
If it comes down too it we have a 47RH out of a 12v motor that needs rebuilt. Also have auto pedal assembly, steering wheel column, transfer case and im sure its a little more im forgetting.. We did a complete manual swap in it awhile back.. Not far from Jackson TN..

I don't have the funds to build a transmission that's why I'm looking for the swap.

Thanks though

Bump TTT still willing to trade truck is rarely driven anymore since I have the mega & Golf. I would say confidently that there is less than 20,000 miles on the NV4500, Street DD clutch, and 241DHD transfer case.

Going with the anteater trans controller would be alot easier on the swap. And be tunable to exactly what you want it to do. 47re, 48re

Going with the anteater trans controller would be alot easier on the swap. And be tunable to exactly what you want it to do. 47re, 48re

That may be true but I still need someone to trade with first ;)

I have talked with Paul via IG about the anteater, I wrote this ad before that conversation.

Would you sale the manual and all parts and pieces out right with no trading?

If I had a line on a 47/48 Core I might consider it, but I have had absolutely no luck finding one locally.

Basically I don't want to tear the truck down where its not usable or moveable for a long period of time.

Last edited:
Supposed to have my new to me full manual 47RE & gated shifter setup being brought to me this week along with a trans jack so I can start pulling my truck apart to give him the 5spd parts! :rockwoot::tree::nos:

Back