X plan info needed

nummit

Hopefully by this time next month I will be in a new truck! I have seen posts talking about Ford's X plan.
What exactly is X plan?
How does it work?
What do I need to bring or tell my dealer?
How much money can I save?
Where can I get a pin?

Pete, you have to be a member of the x-plan club, usually through an employer. We have it at Delta, but right now its waaaay cheaper to buy than via the x plan. Just go in and see what they are offering. Around here its 14000 off sticker.

Pete, you have to be a member of the x-plan club, usually through an employer. We have it at Delta, but right now its waaaay cheaper to buy than via the x plan. Just go in and see what they are offering. Around here its 14000 off sticker.

From what I read on BlueOvalNews.com, X plan is open to anyone right now. You need to send them your info and dealer info and they will email you a pin#.
You also get all buyer incentives plus the x plan savings.

X plan is bogus. A, D, or Z plan is better. D is for dealer employees. X is friends and family. A is Ford employees. Z plan is for retirees. There is 1,000s of dollars difference in X and A,D,Z.

Well, I'm not retired, and I don't work for Ford or a dealer so if X plan is my only option, I'll take the $350 savings LOL

Congrats on the upcoming new rig. Now is probably one of the best times to deal on a HD truck, I could be in a KR for close to what I paid in Dec 06. Now a little bird(not the most reliable)told me that by April all plans except for A and Z will be suspended for awhile.

X plan isn't worth a whole lot, usually a hundred or 2 off invoice. My advise to you is to sell your current vehicle outright first. If you're only paying basically invoice or less for a new truck, they'll hammer you however the difference on your trade. For instance if you're looking at a truck with $45000 MSRP and Xplan is 41k, and your trade in value is $20k, the most they'll give you is $16k for it. You do of course get any customer incentives ford is offering too.

My dually would sticker at 46,200. D plan was 38k and change.

Where are you located? I sell them and the A Z plan is employee pricing which is the cheapest usually a couple of 100 less than X depending on cost of the truck. It is still on all the trucks now Except F150's as of yesterday.Rebates are above and beond the AZ pricing.

I have used an x-plan number before and as stated above don't trade in becuase they will rape you on your trade value to get back what they lost and then some. Just a heads up but also you can try to get a different plan pin# from someone too. Perhaps you know of someone who has retired from ford they will have a number or else try to get a companies fleet number. Oil companies are great places to look for that.

Truck is sold to a friend, so no trade in worries LOL
I'm just looking for every way I can to save money

Truck is sold to a friend, so no trade in worries LOL
I'm just looking for every way I can to save money

You could quit wasting all the money building that beanie baby collection you have....

I was told they might be worth money in 100 years. Gotta plan for the future