XCal 2 software?

R33615

STARTED
I just bought a used Xcal 2 and am wondering if there is any software I need to load tunes onto it? Or do I just plug it in and save the dowloaded files to it through the USB cord? Thanks

I'm not sure if he deleted them, it was from blk350on20s. His truck is a lot more modified than mine though so his files wouldnt work on my truck.

You will have to call Eric or someone to get you files for it to work. You can read your strategy off of it, but go to the SCT flash website to get the liveload software for your computer so you can load the program when you get it.

I've got that link already, thanks for your help guys, just making sure I had what I needed to plug and play.

Well I will now add myself to the list of people who absolutely love their SCT!! Very big difference in power and shifting. One question however: Is there a spot around 50-60 mph where the truck doesnt have enough revs to spool the turbo, so the egt's go through the roof until it finally downshifts? I thought it might be the edge programmer but it still does this with the SCT... Maybe its from having 37" tires with 3.73 gears?...

A couple Spartan tunes will hold it in 5th longer, making heat fast on hills and what not. My DJ tunes all seem to shift and keep it running a bit cooler. As long as the veins on the turbo aren't sticking, causing you excessive heat and blowing severe black smoke, it happens. Im on 37's and 3.73's and yeah, it'll cause a bit more heat, especially in top gear.

Well on a 6% grade here in Colorado going 55mph it gets to the point of combustion quench and bucking until it downshifts, but when I'm driving on snow i typically dont try to make the truck downshift resulting in me losing control... I'll probably be requesting some custom tunes here in the near future.

Back