Zinc

p7100

Swedish
How much zinc shall i use every oilchange??
Saw somewhere that you wrote 2 bottles with a new cam, but how much is it in every bottle that you sell. I got mine locally here in sweden so just wanna check so i don't miss any.

^ Do that and you will be purchasing a new cam. Todays oil doesn't have the zinc content that the old oil did. Run one bottle with every oil change.

^ Do that and you will be purchasing a new cam. Todays oil doesn't have the zinc content that the old oil did. Run one bottle with every oil change.

Are you one of the guys that gets an oil analysis done frequently to confirm this? I need to do some more reading on this subject. Heard of it before, but I thought it was needed more for engine break-in/cam swap.

I typically like to see 1500ppm zinc and 1500 phosphorous.

We added our old additive to some off the shelf oil that is approved for use in DPF equipped diesel and we had 1129 phosphorous and 1375 zinc (ppm) with the same oil change and our new additive we had 1439 Phosphorous and 1675 Zinc (ppm)

There are some marine diesel oils that get close to 1400ppm without additives.

IF you need anything else, let me know.

Zach

I also would like to know this. I put a bottle in for cam/engine break in but am using 20-50 cen-pe-co racing oil for my puller and they say it is over 1500 for both. Not sure if I belive them, but if I can use the 15-40 we use on the farm and a bottle or 2 of additive that is alot cheaper then $35 a gallon.

I don't know how all of the oils on the market compare. There is a bunch of data on here if you try the search function. I apologize but I am so busy that I don't have a lot of time to research zinc levels in all oils.