ZZ Fabs Intake with Twin CP3's

1badRam06

Looking for some feed back from guys running a ZZ Fabs side/top feed intake, with twin pumps. Looking for the benefit of port and polishing the head more than anything. I dont want to regret going this direction/brand and am hoping that I can get some pointers and positice feed back from you guys running them. Any feed back or direction would greatly be appreciated! Thanks guys!

I don't know if he's fixed the issue or not but the top pump mounting bracket has been known to rip off.

I'd go Hellmann

Thanks Thomas! I spoke with him earlier and let him know that I am running twin pumps and he said that his intakes (side or top feed) can take the added load. I will look into Hellmans too.

Thanks Thomas! I spoke with him earlier and let him know that I am running twin pumps and he said that his intakes (side or top feed) can take the added load. I will look into Hellmans too.

Well he's had numerous intakes peel back the weld even after fixed because they can't handle the load.

I have about 5k on mine altogether with duals and his manifold with 0 issues. I bet most people chiming in have never even seen one on a truck. You will need to elongate the mounting holes on the pump bracket to align the belt properly because there is a little back and forth variation depending on where you lay out the manifold on the head. My money is on anyone having issues skipped this critical step.

I've seen and worked on two of them that split the weld in the front and have pictures as well.

Well he's had numerous intakes peel back the weld even after fixed because they can't handle the load.

Thanks for the heads up man! I just checked on Hellmans site and those are some nice pieces too! Counldnt get a-hold of someone by phone though....

I have about 5k on mine altogether with duals and his manifold with 0 issues. I bet most people chiming in have never even seen one on a truck. You will need to elongate the mounting holes on the pump bracket to align the belt properly because there is a little back and forth variation depending on where you lay out the manifold on the head. My money is on anyone having issues skipped this critical step.

So the openings would be more oval looking then, to get the pump to line up right on the belt?

One on the big reasons I asked about ZZ Fabs, is because for a very dumb reason, I need to be able to reuse the 6.7L plennum I have and from what I saw on Hellmans website, he only builds side intake manifolds, with no option of a top mount.... Im off to check out B&B Toolings stuff now.

why reuse it?
Hellmann supplies all the cold side piping with his intake...no need to reuse anything.

I would have to reuse it because Im running the ATS twin pump kit and the feed line for the top pump, runs right through where the side draft intake opening would go. I dont really care to get some new lines made, if I dont have to. Thats the only reason I wanted to reuse the 6.7L GDP parts I have, otherwise I would be all over it....

Kai (94ttss) who makes the Evil Twin kits has a new line for twin pump kits and side draft intakes that's a straight shot from the top pump to the rail...may wanna pm him about those as an option. They look really clean and nice.

Well guys, thanks for the recommendations and info! Decided to go with a Hellmans set up and ordered it today! Will keep you guys posted after I get it and get the head work done!

I was going to suggest drew pumphreys.. dj tooling he just did mine a very nice billet piece. uses factory location for intake.

Back