4l60e problems

hyper14h

red around the neck
no its not behind a 6.2 or 6.5 but i figured with them having the 4l80e this is as close as im going to get. anyways my girlfriends jimmy is having tranny probs when you first fire it up and go down the road everything works fine till you come to the first stop sign when you go to pull out it goes into a limp mode stays in 3rd gear and no torque converter lockup but if you clear the code everything goes back to normal goes in to overdrive and has tc lock up. i pulled the code it comes up shift/timing solenoid. i replaced the ignition switch cuz i had the same thing happen to a 4l80e and that fixed it but not the case here anyone have any advice?

I had similar probs with the 4l60e in my Tahoe after I serviced the fluid and filter. It was one of the solenoids, the harness connector got brittle and broke off it. I replaced it and now it shifts fine... But i still have a leak at the driveshaft yoke... but that is another story...

I believe TCI sells the replacement solenoids and they are pretty easy to install... Hope this helps...

Back