Best price on aux transfer tank?

Got Smoke?

Looking for a aux fuel tank for my hotshot truck that I can legally plumb into the one of my main tanks.(plain white TSC tanks aren't legal)

I've looked at TSC & Northern Tool any other suggestions? Looking for 50-90 gallon range.

Curious about this also. It'd be nice to pick up another few hundred miles range, and actually have to stop because I have to piss, and not just for fuel LOL

AWS make one that would meet DOT standards? i have a fuel tank/toolbox combo in my truck and its plumbed into stock tank.....but i dont haul DOT loads, just farm/personal use.

^^^Same here I got a chevy tank selector valve and plumbed in my two tanks into it and now I can use either tank the stock 35 or my 90gallon aux in my bed. I have no idea if its DOT legal though, got my tank at tractor supply for $200

have one made..

if not, tractor supply has them for the best price.. not including the ones I see from mexico, that are next to nothing.. I got my 110 gallon for 200 bucks bout four years ago... Since DOT is a concern though, I have seen some pretty fair priced units from Uvalco? but I think they are AWS

Last edited:
By plumbing in, you guys mean its permanent right? Not valved? I want to have a larger tank in the bed that I fill, and never mess with the filler neck.

By plumbing in, you guys mean its permanent right? Not valved? I want to have a larger tank in the bed that I fill, and never mess with the filler neck.

not permanent

I have a gravity feed valve that will feed into my stock tank if I chose.. I control it with a ball valve to control the flow, and feed that into my filler neck of the truck, very easy to undo as well if you chose to not use it as an auxiliary tank.. when I would use it, I would leave it barely open and when I would see my factory tank was full, id pull over and close the valve...

now I did remove it, not for being hassled, but because some joker where I work thought it would be funny to open my valve and after a 16 hour shift, well I had no diesel in the auxiliary tank, it was all over the ground by my pickup...

I removed the valve, put a plug, and removed the rubber line feeding into the filler neck.. all of a 10 minute job... and I have the parts should I chose to run it again...

is it legal? not sure... IIRC, I think anything over 140 gallons in a 1 ton or smaller needs placards?

so I never fill my tank all the way, especially when my factory is full... I have a 110 gallon right now, and got a 90 gallon I got as a gift that I will replace the 110 with..

that tank is going to a friend of mine, and with the 90+35, ill never be over the legal limit for placards...

just food for thought...

anyways far as your question goes... I don't know how transfer flow does theirs, but my dad and I have always done ours this way through the filler neck.. its not that hard really...

Last edited:
not permanent

I have a gravity feed valve that will feed into my stock tank if I chose.. I control it with a ball valve to control the flow, and feed that into my filler neck of the truck, very easy to undo as well if you chose to not use it as an auxiliary tank.. when I would use it, I would leave it barely open and when I would see my factory tank was full, id pull over and close the valve...

now I did remove it, not for being hassled, but because some joker where I work thought it would be funny to open my valve and after a 16 hour shift, well I had no diesel in the auxiliary tank, it was all over the ground by my pickup...

I removed the valve, put a plug, and removed the rubber line feeding into the filler neck.. all of a 10 minute job... and I have the parts should I chose to run it again...

is it legal? not sure... IIRC, I think anything over 140 gallons in a 1 ton or smaller needs placards?

so I never fill my tank all the way, especially when my factory is full... I have a 110 gallon right now, and got a 90 gallon I got as a gift that I will replace the 110 with..

that tank is going to a friend of mine, and with the 90+35, ill never be over the legal limit for placards...

just food for thought...

anyways far as your question goes... I don't know how transfer flow does theirs, but my dad and I have always done ours this way through the filler neck.. its not that hard really...

Ok, thats how I always see them. I'm trying to eliminate that and having to pull over to mess with the valve. If I have to pull over, I might as well just stop at gas station and take a piss too LOL Maybe just use a 90 gallon fed right to lift pump, and bypass the stock tank altogether.

stock tank is bypassed and has a half tank of green diesel in it. aux 110 tank is hooked up to airdog. my tank never leaves the bed, but if it needed to, i have everything in the tool box to hook back up to my stock tank in less than 10 minutes.

hey Mark, i've got a transfer flow 40 gal. combo.tool box. its 50 states legal. its black and looks like a tool box. the filler is inside so it can be locked up.only thing missing is the filler neck adapter which should be easy to find.

now I did remove it, not for being hassled, but because some joker where I work thought it would be funny to open my valve and after a 16 hour shift, well I had no diesel in the auxiliary tank, it was all over the ground by my pickup..

Using this kit would have prevented the stock tank from overfilling.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200315501_200315501

I had a 40 gallon tank in my bed and a RDS kit like above and it worked great. Never once had a leak and on long trips I left the valve on all the time.

parker also makes a valve its like $250 but just like the Chevy tank selector valve you dont have to get out to change tanks its all at the push of a button on which tank you want to run on,

Well I ended up picking up a used tank off craigslist. Got an 80 Aluminum L Aux tank with electric pump for $300 because one of the welds had a slow leak. My boss was able to fix the leak for me today and I have ordered the RDS kit to plumb into the front tank on my F350.

Back