c_muhs - Sold me vin Locked Smarty..

my69camaro1

Well I havent heard back from him yet, but I just bought a SSR smarty from him. He said it was unlocked and newly updated.

Just tried to install it on my 04 and bam WARNING VIN LOCKED:doh:.

Hopefully he gets back with me soon so we can get this taken care of.

Hate it for you. Theres a little pecker head on here who is trying to stiff me on some parts never recieved. He's getting ready to become familiar with his local sheriff's department if he wasnt already. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well I havent heard back from him yet, but I just bought a SSR smarty from him. He said it was unlocked and newly updated.

Just tried to install it on my 04 and bam WARNING VIN LOCKED:doh:.

Hopefully he gets back with me soon so we can get this taken care of.

I don't know Chris well but I haven't ever heard of him being shady. I don't think he gets online a lot but from what I know of him Id say he will make it right for you.

I talked with Chris a few times over the years at pulls. From what others say about him and from my own personal experience I know him to be a very honest person. I'm sure it was a complete accident on his part. He will make it right I'm sure.

it is easy enough to make an honest mistake, such as not setting back a speed limiter, tire size...... there should be an easy option in the smarty menu, return unit to stock for resale? yes or no??? hit the button and good to go. I think it would be a good thing to be taken care of at a software level.

Talked to him last night. Said his friend is a smarty dealer and he would ask if anything is possible. Apparently he had another friend remove it from his truck? Idk. I used PayPal so I'm not overly worried about being out the money but as of now I have a $500 paper weight.

Smarty was updated while I was standing there .I have no idea how it could be vin locked, neither do the guys that updated it. But it obviously it is. We will get to the bottom of it on Monday. Looks like this thread was started within a half hour of him calling me. I called him back as soon as I was done at the birthday party I was at when he called. No more than an hour and a half.

A Smarty can be updated while it's still loaded to a truck. That is not an indicator of locked status.

The ## symbols on the start-up screens are

I think were all good now. Ill see today if the instructions i got to unlock it worked.Yeah this thread was started right after I found it to be locked and my rage meter shot to 100. You hear all the time of people getting stuck with locked tuners. And I was ready to blow a gasket cause I made sure to ask if it was unlocked before purchase.

Well I tried again last night after the dealer gave me the unlock info but its still locked on another vin. Gonna try to get ahold of them again.

Smarty was shipped out at the beginning of this week for return.
Getting refunded when he receives it.

Wish you would have given c_muhs more time to get back to you before making it public, but it sounds like he is a heck of a seller!

Wish you would have given c_muhs more time to get back to you before making it public, but it sounds like he is a heck of a seller!

Yeah yeah I was pissed cause I was assured it was unlocked. Money was refunded today. Looks like he forgot the shipping he said he would reimburse.

Whatever, good enough. Delete this thread.

Back