Combo Recommendations

Jburnes

Looking for Turbo Combo ideas?
Have done many mods. Last one a Hamilton Head/Cam. I have a 63/68 from DAP and 5/12's, Goerend 47, 3k, 17degrees,ATS 3 piece, #10, mod AFC... etc etc.
Looking for any recommended combo set-ups? Currently a bit dead off idle, cleans out nice at 1750rpms. Combo thoughts?

If you aren't happy with a 63/68 you likely wont be happy with much on a 12 valve. They are going to be more lethargic off idle than anything else. Which exhaust housing is on the 63/68?

Looking for Turbo Combo ideas?
Have done many mods. Last one a Hamilton Head/Cam. I have a 63/68 from DAP and 5/12's, Goerend 47, 3k, 17degrees,ATS 3 piece, #10, mod AFC... etc etc.
Looking for any recommended combo set-ups? Currently a bit dead off idle, cleans out nice at 1750rpms. Combo thoughts?

First thing I would do is put some 4k springs and at least 20* of timing, 5x14 injectors. That turbo should be able to do around 600hp with good fuel to it. Is this truck auto or manual?

Says auto. I've heard claims of the 63/68 doing 600whp on a 12v, but I've not personally seen it yet. Bit over 500 to the ground and timeslips to back it up is closest I've seen. Seems to be a great street turbo for the people who tow and drive in traffic.

Says auto. I've heard claims of the 63/68 doing 600whp on a 12v, but I've not personally seen it yet. Bit over 500 to the ground and timeslips to back it up is closest I've seen. Seems to be a great street turbo for the people who tow and drive in traffic.

My bad, overlooked he said 47 trans in it. I think over 500 rwhp is a decent expectation. Agreed on great street turbo. If the truck is making good power at 1750rpm then it should be pretty strong off idle....

Back