Different mounting options?

Lucky Jeff

Stock Sucks
I'm installing an Airdog II for a friend. It's a 3rd gen short bed and I don't really like my options for mounting it standing vertically. Can I lay it flat (will build a different mount of course), or will it not work properly?

I don't think filter efficiency would be the same.
I agree that those short beds suck to install the fuel system on. I have ground the brackets and installed them inside the frame right up against the front drive shaft, but I think the best/only place is on the outside of the frame below the drivers door.

I don't think filter efficiency would be the same.
I agree that those short beds suck to install the fuel system on. I have ground the brackets and installed them inside the frame right up against the front drive shaft, but I think the best/only place is on the outside of the frame below the drivers door.

I tried mounting it right behind the e-brake bracket. But there isn't enough room for the fuel line to come into the pump because of the body mount.. I guess at the front of front door, it could work. But wasn't the whole point of these things to be back by the tank? I was mainly worried about ground clearance. This guy beats on his truck pretty good. It's one of the reasons I got the airdog over the FASS. Their mounting brackets are just pathetic. I guess I will just have to keep looking for a good place, and build a skid plate.

I have just tapped the frame rail and bolted it to the frame instead of dealing with their bracket. Made it much easier on the short bed I did.

I have just tapped the frame rail and bolted it to the frame instead of dealing with their bracket. Made it much easier on the short bed I did.

It still sits too low... I think I can get it mounted above the spring perch back by the tank. I'll just have to get new fuel lines, or splice them with the stuff they include, but I hate doing that. Time to take the bed off.

Back