Disabling pilot injection with efi live

Justinsixseven

Just wondering how do I compensate for turning off the pilot injection? Do I compensate for it in duration? I have a 2012 6.7 cummins stock fuel system fully deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never turn off pilot until after 2,800-3,000 rpm if I turn it off at all, going to have a noticeably louder injection event for sure which I'm guessing that's what you are going for, but on a street truck I don't see the need to do so maybe some of the guys tuning pulling/drag trucks will chime in as to if and when they turn off the pilot event.

I never turn off pilot until after 2,800-3,000 rpm if I turn it off at all, going to have a noticeably louder injection event for sure which I'm guessing that's what you are going for, but on a street truck I don't see the need to do so maybe some of the guys tuning pulling/drag trucks will chime in as to if and when they turn off the pilot event.

Yes I do like the single event sound. Maybe just have it turned off until about 1100 rpm to have it on for high idle. But I also like the thought of less stress on the injectors. What kind of change in timing am I looking at? 8-12*?

Last edited:
what about gradually decreasing the time between pilot and main, that way you keep the fuel level up, and eventually end up with the single event you are after?

You can start there, you may find you'll need to adjust higher or lower depending on weather and ambient temps

I believe what Les is saying is use 6-8 as a minimum in the table to make up for not having the pilot being the pilot event helps the combustion of the main event so how I see it your throwing the fuel in just a little earlier so the fuel can have a more compete burn.

I believe what Les is saying is use 6-8 as a minimum in the table to make up for not having the pilot being the pilot event helps the combustion of the main event so how I see it your throwing the fuel in just a little earlier so the fuel can have a more compete burn.

Yes I knew I had to compensate for the loss of an event through added timing just didn't know how much. Thank you for your help as well

Back