Fuel prices, Heads up!!!

cummins724

BREAKING $HIT
This is a true story, so read it carefully. On April 24, 2008, I stopped at a Kangaroo gas station,.. My truck's gas gauge was on 1/4 of a tank. I use the mid-grade, which was priced at $3.71 per gallon. When my tank is at this point, it takes somewhere around 14 gallon's to fill it up. When the pump showed 14 gallons had been pumped I began to slow it down, then to my surprise it went to 15, then 16. I even looked under my truck to see if it was being spilled. It was not. Then it showed 17 gallons had been pumped. It stopped at almost 18 gallons. This was very strange to me, since my truck
has only an 18 gallon tank. I went on my way a little confused, then on the evening news I heard a report that 1 out of 4 gas stations had calibrated their pumps to show more gas had been pumped than a person actually got.

Here is how to check a pump to see if you are getting the right amount: Whichever grade you are using, put EXACTLY 10 GALLONS in your tank, then look at the dollar amount, if the dollar amount is not EXACTLY 10 times the price of the fuel you have chosen, then the pumps are rigged. In my case as I said the mid-grade was $3.71 9/10 per gallon, my dollar amount for 10 gallons should have been $37.19. If I had only check the pump. It doesn't matter where you pump gas, please check the 10 gallon price. If you do find a station that is cheating, contact proper authorities.

Please don't delete this until you have sent it to all people in your address book. We need to put a stop to this outrageous cheating of customers. The gas companies are making enough profits at honest rates.

oh **** man this sucks i will definetely be checkin now!

I have been suspecting a station here in town. I will have to check that out. Thanks for the heads up.

if you put 10gal in your tank out of a rigged pump, why would it not read EXACTLY 10 times the gal price? :confused:

they're just rigging the measurement of a gallon. the price is simply a function of how many gallons you pump.

Check the calibration stickers.

They are all supposed to be calibrated. Turn them in if it seems way off.

Not saying that no one is trying to get around it, but there is (supposed) to be rules and enforcement to prevent that. Let's not let people cheat:D

I just had that recently. When we went to fill up our gas cans
(we now use 2 gallon cans for our blowers & trimmers because people steal them...now they get away with less gas than before)

I filled up the 2 gallon can with just over 2 gallons of gas + 2-stroke pre mix & I looked up at the dollar amount and it was $8.25 for just over to gallons...maybe 2.1-2.2 gallons of gas. Gas at the time was around $3.40 a gallon.